Best commercial beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For commercial beers I tend to prefer draught beer at the pub and rarely find bottled beers have the same finish
Yep. But I reckon that's mainly because most bottled beers are over-carbonated. My own beers have only a gentle carbonation in bottle - some might find them a little flat perhaps. But you can really taste the malt & hops, not just fizz on the tongue.
As long as you wouldn't be so barbaric as to chill them, of course :twisted:
I'll still echo the OP though, Williams Caesar Augustus is a cracking summer drink! (If a bit fizzy :-?)

I agree with the Sam Smith's, only recently found their pub beers and the majority are good. I like the Ringwood or Badger bottles. Enough selection to make the 3 for 5 quid deals worthwhile.

Got something called Midnight Porter from Tesco once upon a time. Hands down the best porter I've ever had, never found it again. It had a very dark blue label

As you may have read in the "what are you drinking tonight" thread i have moved from lager and am slowly working through the list of beers in Bargain Booze, so far i have found the ones below good enough to go on my will buy again list.

Robinsons Trooper Ale 500ml

8734_151.jpg

Bishops Finger Ale 500ml

5235_122.jpg

Everards Tiger Ale 500ml

8737_151.jpg

Titanic Captain Smiths 500ml

6316_122.jpg

Brains Rev James 500ml

5511_122.jpg

Lancaster Bomber Ale 500ml

5684_141.jpg

Commercial beers have become a more open term to include craft and microbreweries as I can get brewdog, camden brewery, sambrook etc in my local supermarket. Speaking of which, sambrook wandle is an ok bitter which you can get at a reasonable price occasionally. Sadly, the same cannot be said for brewdog or camden beers which are lovely but the price must be paid. it's not a sad ending thoughas it is because of these great flavours that I have drank that I decided to homebrew (that and some mates who brewed up years ago and got me interested)

Commercially, if ever spotted, butcome blonde is nice and you can smile when you tell others what is in your beer glass. I quite like a badger fursty ferret too.

Two bottles jumped from the bottom of the shelf right in my trolley.

Nice, inbetween PUNK IPA and VAGABOND PALE ALE

Milder citrus and tropical hop flavours, not so bitter like Punk and not so try, really rounded. And a local beer! Nice, found the right beer for warm days like today.:thumb:

28989_p.jpg

My favourite has to be 6 pints of Stella and a fist fight! And if Stella's not available it would have to be Wincle beer co's Wincle Waller very nice refreshing pint or St. Peter's best bitter although their batch consistency isn't great, last one I had was very bready

Way to many to choose from. For me buying bottled beer is like music, I uhm and ahh trying to find d something for how I'm feeling!

Few safe go it's are most of the Badger, Rev J & Rev J gold, Cwrw Haf.

One pint I'll always have, if I'm in a certain place, is a pint of keg Bass, tapped, not drawn, in The Dolphin on Plymouth's Barbican.

One I never liked was Newquay Steam, and oddly, when I dug out my f bin recently, it had 4 of their pop top bottles in it, all of best before Jul 1990 vintage and priced £1.59 - so shows how relatively, decent bottled beer is cheaper these days!

FB_IMG_1473514202306.jpg

Fuller's ESB - incredible for a commercial brewery.
Leffe Blonde
Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA
Goose Island (although its been patchy since being bought over by Inbev)

Just because it's commercial, doesn't mean it's bad beer. And just because it's craft beer, doesn't guarantee it's going to be great. I've had some bad craft beer in my time.

Brewdog ASA
Stone Mocha IPA
Tiny Rebel Cwtch
Would probably be my top 3

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brewdog ASA
Stone Mocha IPA
Tiny Rebel Cwtch
Would probably be my top 3

Ahh! Albino Squid Assassin, took me a while to work that one out.

Have you tried the barrel aged version? Now that really is good!

Ahh! Albino Squid Assassin, took me a while to work that one out.

Have you tried the barrel aged version? Now that really is good!
I have. I have a couple of each in the cellar. Should drink the ASA soon though before it loses flavour.

I prefer the normal to the BA though actually.

I hate you guys!!
Let's see, today I had... Asahi. Wait, that's all you can get here!!

Gecko is better than amber. Amber much better than that ruby one. Oh I picked up the porter too, purple something. I'll try that soon. They sold out of titanic plum porter I got from em a couple of weeks back. Tried that last night and really enjoyed it.

i found the ruby rooster to be my fav, not keen on amber adder or green gecko, the purple panther is a ok stout, but and as my reason for this post is the Plum Porter that is back in stock, and im getting as many as i can to keep for Christmas, hopefully but can see it going on bonfire night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back