Raspberry Blushing Blonde Lager!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorhomebrew

AKA - RobsHomebrew
Reaction score
so my next brew after my European has finished conditioning in my fermentation fridge will be a raspberry blushing blonde lager. originally I planned on just steeping frozen raspberries in the fv while it fermented intill I came across this down the international section at asda

its a raspberry syrup. polish I think anyway I plan to add this to my brew to add a great colour and what I hope to be a great flavour. it says on the back it contains 83g of sugar per 100ml. its a 440ml bottle. so originally I had planned 500g dextrose and 700 light spray malt. but seen as ill be adding the syrup I bring the calculations to the sryup giving me the equivalent to 360ish grams of sugar so ill add somewhere between 140 and 150 of dextrose to make up the sugars around 500g and add the 700g of light spray malt. im hoping this will turn out well. any thoughts chaps????? also id like to add some hops via dry hopping. possibly some hallerau???? thoughts anyone.

brew on !!!

I've not used that in anything but a turbo cider, and the general consensus is to not add it during initial fermentation as the volatile oils and aromas will be driven off, leaving you the colour and not the flavour.

What I have done with it is prime the bottles instead of using sugar. I used about 5ml per 500ml bottle. This way the flavour still remains, and you can also add some to the glass before pouring if it's not strong enough for you.

What I have done with it is prime the bottles instead of using sugar. I used about 5ml per 500ml bottle. This way the flavour still remains, and you can also add some to the glass before pouring if it's not strong enough for you.

Sounds like a good method.

Sounds like a good method.

I first used 7ml per bottle, first one I opened the froth nearly hit the ceiling! Not sure why as that would only be about 5g but I have to chill the bottles for a good few hours and it'll open normally.

so my next brew after my European has finished conditioning in my fermentation fridge will be a raspberry blushing blonde lager. originally I planned on just steeping frozen raspberries in the fv while it fermented intill I came across this down the international section at asda

its a raspberry syrup. polish I think anyway I plan to add this to my brew to add a great colour and what I hope to be a great flavour. it says on the back it contains 83g of sugar per 100ml. its a 440ml bottle. so originally I had planned 500g dextrose and 700 light spray malt. but seen as ill be adding the syrup I bring the calculations to the sryup giving me the equivalent to 360ish grams of sugar so ill add somewhere between 140 and 150 of dextrose to make up the sugars around 500g and add the 700g of light spray malt. im hoping this will turn out well. any thoughts chaps????? also id like to add some hops via dry hopping. possibly some hallerau???? thoughts anyone.

brew on !!!

I used that in my fv and to prime the bottles for my we'll wheat again and that does give a raspberry flavour. Not as tart as i'd like but others who've tried it say it's spot on. I used tettnang hops for mine but the rasps' are the star of the show methinks. at 8.0% it goes down far to easily. I didn't dry hop. I've posted the recipe on the forum as well as my first attempt but with cherry syrup.:D

cheers chaps. well I ended up putting in my FV. I hadn't read at what you guys have just said at that point so I guess ill just have to wait and see how it comes out. ill definitely buy some more to prime my mini kegs with. I wonder how much to prime a mini kegg???? what is the flavour like in these sorts of beers? I tried some when first all mixed together yo get an idea. very bitter tasting. im just wondering what the end result would be and would it be worth adding sweetner to the bottles kegs??????? im confused lol

cheers chaps. well I ended up putting in my FV. I hadn't read at what you guys have just said at that point so I guess ill just have to wait and see how it comes out. ill definitely buy some more to prime my mini kegs with. I wonder how much to prime a mini kegg???? what is the flavour like in these sorts of beers? I tried some when first all mixed together yo get an idea. very bitter tasting. im just wondering what the end result would be and would it be worth adding sweetner to the bottles kegs??????? im confused lol

mine's not too bitter as I only did a small late addition of tettnang i think the hops were about 2.2%aa so the bitter in the raspberry was just right. I think that was luck more than judgement because the base style beer - german wheat beer isn't bitter to start with. I'd perhaps use less hops and let the syrup contribute bitterness, (up to a point of course)

arghhhhhh. I hope it turns out well. with me using a lager yeast it'll be in the fermentation fridge for 3 weeks probably. well think this ones going to be left down to the brewing gods to decide ha ha

this looks fantastic got a bottle of the raspberry juice from lidl 99p its polish week! can anyone point me in the direction of the we'll wheat again recipe this could be my next brew cheers lagerlad

this looks fantastic got a bottle of the raspberry juice from lidl 99p its polish week! can anyone point me in the direction of the we'll wheat again recipe this could be my next brew cheers lagerlad

Brew 8: We'll wheat again.
50 grams tettnang 20 mins boil
21.5 liters bottled water
3.1 KG dried wheat extract.
1290ml polish raspberry syrup ( 84g sugars per 100ml)
WB-06 yeast
1.071 og
Pitched at 21 deg
fermented at 20-23 deg for 3 weeks.

210 ml polish raspberry syrup to prime topped up to 300 ml chase spring water to aid mixing with beer.

1.010 fg = 8% abv

anything else you want to know about it just ask.:cheers:

thanks for that d.o.j still in the early learning stages of ag with only 1 brew on the go so not got a lot of ingredients at hand yet will try this once i re visit the brew shop might try a 10 litre raspberry beer with what i have at home ,but raspberry wheat sounds like a dream so will try it as soon as i can cheers lagerlad

Latest posts

Back