All Grain Brewing System reviews.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe try kegking.cz? They have robobrew, similar system, maybe even a bit better in terms of build quality and they have additional false bottom at the .. bottom :)
I know they ship to Poland and other countries. Price is even better :)

Wow! Another variation of microbrewery. Looks like Ace/etc but a bit different.
I've sent them a message with question about delivery to Slovenia still nothing.

At the same time I found another microbrewery on alibaba (https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...html?spm=a2700.9171878.c1641.1.5a39192ae4KkHy)
Asked them about buying "for test" just 1 piece (waiting for an answer).

Looks like soon the homebrew market will be of different offers like Ace/etc and probably for 30L setting 400 euro will be the maximum price.

Heh... Yup they (RoboBrew) increased the price for ~50 euro yesterday.

And I've got an answer from alibaba seller about https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...html?spm=a2700.9171878.c1641.1.5a39192ae4KkHy
Price for one piece of 30L microbrewery is 600USD without a delivery.
Definitely not an option for me. No proses for that price in comparison to Ace/Klarstein/etc microbreweries.

Finally I bought Klarstein. Hope will have my first batch in December after a long pause.
Probably will make a video... But do anybody need it? Cause on youtube now really a lot of videos with Ace/Klarstein microbreweries.

Quick question. Just assemble the grainfather and it has silicon covers on the feet of the grain basket. Should these be removed before I use it?

Quick question. Just assemble the grainfather and it has silicon covers on the feet of the grain basket. Should these be removed before I use it?

Yes they are just packaging, because too many were denting the main body during transportation.

Finally arrived :) with the new controller version

I am really impressed by new controller, 9 steps, hop additions, buzzer and I am not sure but can be there a PID for temp controll? With water test set to 60C it goes 59.6 - 60.3 so its not an old 2C histeresis. And temp sensor is only 0.3C OFF from my super cuper special lab thermometer :)

24296563_10214421530402088_6397002092089724852_n.jpg

I don’t know for sure on those models but most likely it needs to be tuned. Most PIDs need a learning moment to learn the temp fluctuations and the speed at which it takes to increase and decrease the temperature. Is there something in the instructions that say that? Maybe the factory is programming it with a pre-set value?

No it does not but I guess they know the capacity, heaters, thermal capacity etc so this should be the same for every same pot, it might be just saved in the memory in the factory but I am not sure though although it seems to be pretty accurate. However PID seems too much for such pot and the price.

Overall bulding quality is nice but the main material (INOX) is very thin and you can bend it with your hand and also good isolation is necessary I think.

Does anyone changed the original tap on Ace/Klarstein etc? It is very slow to empty the pot with it, it is not fully open 1/2', it's limited inside.

Back