Turbo Beer - what is the least equipment I need to brew beer ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great way for a newbie to try out some turbo moonshine, I'll definitely give this a go using some of MyQul's Hop Taster Packs.

Youngs do 100g of dried Active Yeast for wine and beer for roughly ����£1.25 if you want to be really cheap.

Youngs also do a Hopped Light Spray malt, I wonder would there be enough bitterness to do away with the hops?

I suppose you could also beef up the ABV by adding 50g or 100g of table sugar.

My first post about Turbo beer (in another thread) used just Muntons light hopped and took 8 minutes to make (including messing about taking pictures), if it took you 5 you'd be messing about. It tasted OK but strangely like a jam sandwich.

I've got one cold crashing at the moment which is my first foray into dry hopping :-). A pure experiment which might end up tasting OK but I need to change the process for the next one. When I get it right I'll post the technique (although having just finished reading 'for the love of hops' I don't think it is possible to get dry hopping wrong :razz:).

I'd be curious to know how this turned out. I only read your post after I'd made my own - I was thinking the same thing.

Well, it literally took about two minutes to 'make'.
60 seconds of that was shaking the bejesus out of the mix/bottle.
I 'bottled' it two days ago.
By bottled, I mean racked into another empty same sized water bottle, lobbed in some carb drops and put the lid back on.
My lad has it now, I told him to put it in a cupboard for a month then fridge it for a couple of days.
To be honest I couldn't be doing with parping about and bottling it properly, my lad and his mates will neck it in about an hour.

ps. I also poured in approx 100G of brewing sugar when I poured in the hopped spray malt, just to up the ABV a wee bit. I think that took another 7 seconds :-D

Well, it literally took about two minutes to 'make'.
60 seconds of that was shaking the bejesus out of the mix/bottle.
I 'bottled' it two days ago.
By bottled, I mean racked into another empty same sized water bottle, lobbed in some carb drops and put the lid back on.
My lad has it now, I told him to put it in a cupboard for a month then fridge it for a couple of days.
To be honest I couldn't be doing with parping about and bottling it properly, my lad and his mates will neck it in about an hour.

ps. I also poured in approx 100G of brewing sugar when I poured in the hopped spray malt, just to up the ABV a wee bit. I think that took another 7 seconds :-D
A month :eek: This is Turbo Beer, mine have been ready to drink around 9 days after assembly.

Ha!
I should have said that if I'd told my lad it was OK to drink after 9 days, he'd have it quaffed after 3! That was my logic regarding telling him a month.

Latest posts

Back