Bottle Conditioned Beer List

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will you

Gunge will you be using this yeast again. I just did a golden ale with cascade and it worked really well with Fullers Yeast.
Very little yeast transferred to the bottle and beer is crystal clear even though I did not cold crash or add finnings.

Ye I will certainly use again. Only thing I'll do different is leave longer in the FV, as mine eventually ended up over-carbed. Other than that, cracking stuff and with more than a passing resemblance to the 1845 it was lifted from.

All Hobson's - Old Prickly, Town Crier, Hobson's Manor, Shropshire Stout, Postman's knock, Old Henry.

The Old Prickly has chunky yeast like Fuller's that is hard to move then breaks into slabs. And I'm assuming it's the same in all of them because they write about it on the site:

The yeast, a classic top-fermenting ale strain, was originally sourced from Midlands family brewer Holdens but now imparts
a distinctive character to all Hobsons beers.

"“It’s a classic example of sustainability and circular production. We don’t buy any yeast in. It’s just recycled after every brew. It’s a completely unique ingredient to us and has its own flavour characteristics.”

I am sure hobson ate one of the breweries I emailed and they said they used us-05 and they gave me instructions how to step it up from a bottle etc

I've just seen "unfiltered London pride" in trendy 330ml cans in Waitrose so that's another way to get the Fullers yeast.

I got a Beer 52 order where they sent me random beers, I got a lot of Boxcar/Beer 52 beers (they collaborated with the brewery to make these). There is some yeast in the bottles, as they are American style pale ales I assume it's US-05. I'm culturing it up now and will use it in an upcoming batch.

It’s a newish, small brewery so it’s unlikely to be a house strain. And given the style of beer it’s probably one of the standard yeasts used by numerous breweries and available to buy for the homebrewer.

Latest posts

Back