Anticipated brewdays..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigYin

Regular.
Reaction score
The wife is gonna shoot me!

I'm laid low just now recovering from surgery to fix a hernia, and the recovery has gone rather badly with bleeding inside the wound (haematoma) that has become infected :evil:

So, will be a good few weeks before I'm up for shifting a full FV around :cry:

Anyhow, in the meantime, I have more interspazz time than I've ever had, so naturally I'm preparing for my return to 'fitness to brew' with the purchase of some kits :whistle:

Santa's Winter warmer and Brupaks Pride of Yorkshire - Colne Valley Bitter are the next two, and I'm struggluing to stop myself ordering more :nono:

I've spent my time looking at SO many threads about AG brewery, and have reluctantly reached the conclusion that it'll have to wait a while before I'm ready to give it a go - for 3 reasons of time, space and money :cry:

I LOVE building stuff, and I have a friend with all the cutting and welding gear I'd need to make a decent platform, and all the practical skills needed to put the rest together. But I have nowhere to put it, no money to buy the bits and pieces, and even then, I just don't have the kind of free time an AG brewday takes up :(

You could have a bit of fun and make some AG beer without any equipment, see this thread, it was a great challenge and some really inventive ways of brewing :

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5718 (Back to basics challenge)

:thumb:

BigYin said:
So, will be a good few weeks before I'm up for shifting a full FV around

Get the missus to do the heavy lifting for you!

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I try to make a point of doing the brewing when she's out of the house and therefore not moaning at me for taking over the kitchen :thumb:

BigYin said:
I try to make a point of doing the brewing when she's out of the house and therefore not moaning at me for taking over the kitchen :thumb:

heh heh .. I get that too!

I get up at 5am on brewdays - that way I'm finished at around 10.30 - cuts right down on the earache! :D

Back