party taps

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninja_geeze

Reaction score
Ok ive got my corny kegs in a fridge ive just got for �£20 from someone local .
working just fine ,got the co2 large bottle next to this just drilled through the side for the hose.now not sure what to do with the party tap when ive finished pouring my pint ,where do i put the tap to be safe from accidental spillages inside the fridge (read some horror stories ) is there a safe way of hooking it up somehow inside the fridge or do i just leave it sat on top of the keg with the drips making a sticky mess over a time.at the moment i dont want to use different taps or attach them outside the fridge.i thought some of the experienced people on here would have some tricks on using these.

I usually leave mine on top of the keg making sure the lever is not touching anything. A piece of kitchen roll underneath takes care of any drips

I don't think it really matters as long as the lever is not fouled and there are no sharp bend where the beer line goes into the fittings

I usually leave mine on top of the keg making sure the lever is not touching anything. A piece of kitchen roll underneath takes care of any drips

I don't think it really matters as long as the lever is not fouled and there are no sharp bend where the beer line goes into the fittings
Just slightly concerned that someone may bang or knock the fridge enough to dislodge the tap ,was trying to think of a way of making some king of clip to hold it when finished .read a few stories of full kegs being emptied onto floor ect :doh:

just laid it on top of beer towel on top of the keg atm.to be honest unless someone was to go in there and move it i dont see how it move on its own.
was just wondering what others are using...

Put it in a glass with some starsan.

I love the smell of mashing in the morning.

I did this.
WP_20171001_008.jpg

Put it in a glass with some starsan.

I love the smell of mashing in the morning.

I wouldn't leave any plated metal soaking in Starsan.

Well, actually, I would, I just wouldn't do it again! It can attack and discolour some metals when left to soak!

Ok, we were talking about party taps! Ignore all that above, which it looks like you did anyway!

Yes I made it, I think the wood was 1.5" x 3/4" I drilled holes for the tubes then removed where the taps touched with a chisel. The inside of the fridge door is plastic I screwed through the wood directly into the plastic.

very good i will send my fridge door measurements :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back