Bag for mash tun

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I'm thinking of lining my tun (45l igloo cooler) with a mash bag next time to ease the clean out. I've got one but it's too small.....
Any suggestions?

Cheers

Clint

I use the one from malt miller, need a way of holding thou, I'll take a photo later if I brew

Thanks. I've seen some piccys of bags folded over the edge of the tun and held in place by the closed lid. What sparge method do you use? Do you squeeze the bag?

Cheers

Clint

Batch sparge, not had a stuck one since I started using the bag and also no need to vorlauf.

I use big clamps whilst I'm doughing in / sparging then as you say use the lid to hold the bag :)

I've only used my tun once and batch sparged. I did vorlauf though...on the first runnings and after adding the balance of sparge water. It all went well and my volumes and og were bang on.

I use exactly the same method as bigbud78.

I've got a cool box and use large peg type clamps (1 in each corner) whilst doughing in and batch sparging. The lid keeps it in place during the mash.

You can get large bags for bigger tuns, I can't remember where I got mine from, it would of been an online brew shop, not eBay.

Back