Who Knows - 8

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The results are in and we have a winner......

The FG was extremely unusual and caught us out myself included :oops:

in reverse order:

in third place 20 points out was foxbat :eek:

the winner AJHutch :thumb: 16 points away from the actuals. well done, pm with your address and choice from the sig and i'll get a bottle off to you.

as for the beer it was OG 1.087 FG 1.027 :-o making a lowish (for me) 7.88%

I did get it down a few points but it was pretty clear that was it wasn't going anywhere, so I primed with 30g and will manage the conditioning in the bottles.

What i've found with the beers I've kept is that ones that are stored over a summer period gain more carbonation and that sometimes that takes them away from the sweet spot. I suppose ideally you'd split the batch and carbonate at different levels, one for the drink at 1-8 month old beers and one for the longer kept ones. As this latest batch is intended to be kept for a year it will have time to carb in the bottle. I do enjoy the beers I've laid down but I do prefer my dark ones before they lose too much sweetness.

Wooo! I was on tenterhooks, knowing you'd probably had a high FG once you announced third place I though I was in with a shout! Thanks a lot, I'll PM you later and look forward to adding another lovely beer to my Christmas treats.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back