Thornbridge Otto - First time trying

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_jon_

Regular.
Reaction score
Just tried my first taste of Thornbridge Otto and keen to hear thoughts from others.

The coffee notes are intoxicating, although for a strong ABV, dark beer.. it tastes surprisingly light.

I'm impressed with this. My beer before this was Brew Dog's Mr President. Which is one of my favourites, but I don't feel like going back to Mr P. So it must be that good.

Anything else similar I should try?

I love Thornbridge beers, they have a nack of making crisp light tastings beers that are quite strong but taste like a session ale. There Wild Raven is a black IPA which is good but my favourite is Jaipur but Huck is also good.

If you like the coffee notes and want to go all out coffee I quite like the “spill the beans” porter from Aldi, although it’s no where near as refined as Otto. Fullers do a past masters stout that gets better the longer you leave it and I can definitely recommend their “vintage ale” and leaving it. I had one of my 2010 a couple of weeks ago and the different flavours coming from that were incredible.

Latest posts

Back