My personal best (so far)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevey

Landlord.
Reaction score
This is my best homebrew ever!
I brewed this back in may, and have been trying to reduce my beer gut; so its had quite a while to condition.

Its the clearest all grain I've ever made, probably as its been in the fridge such a long time. I don't usually worry about a bit of haze, but it's nice to get one perfectly clear for once.

I'm not great at identifying flavours, although I do know what I like. It tastes quite fruity and hoppy to me, a real refreshing pint; the head lasts till the end. I'll be making this again without a doubt. :thumb:

I can't remember where I got the recipe from, but luckily I saved it. It looks like it might have been a "get rid of excess hops recipe", but surely I wouldn't have come up with such a good recipe on my own. Anyway, I,ve called it "Liquid Gold" :

for 25 litres,

5.00 kg Maris otter (97.09%)
150g torriefied wheat (2.91%)

12g challenger @ 90 mins
31g EKG @ 90 mins
35g first gold @ 20 mins
20g citra @ flameout (which for me means, I chuck 'em in the no chill cube and leave them overnight)

3g of Irish moss @ 15 mins.

Mashed at 66C for 90 mins,
fermented at around 20C with danstar windsor.

20160729_133923.jpg

Oops, maybe I should have put this in complete and brewed recipes, so move it if you like admin :)

Back