Your preferred glass?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my current favourite glass with some Wierd Beard Suspect Device in it, and very nice it is too.

Apparently if you ask for one of these Kwak beers and glass in certain bars in Belgium they take one of your shoes and put it in a net above the bar to make sure you don't nick it. If you want one make sure to take a spare pair of old trainers when you go!

Apparently if you ask for one of these Kwak beers and glass in certain bars in Belgium they take one of your shoes and put it in a net above the bar to make sure you don't nick it. If you want one make sure to take a spare pair of old trainers when you go!

Yeah I remember seeing these glass boots in one of the Delirium bars in Brussels for which you had to pay a €40 deposit to use in case you smashed or stole it! I didn't bother.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of these and recommend it if you want a really big glass. Is a bit on the heavy side though at...hold on I'll just weigh it for you...nearly 1.4kg, plus about another kilo when filled to the line which is about a litre, but it does easily hold then little bit extra for 2 pints.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000Y9MNCA/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I have a Faxe branded one that my parents got me on holiday in Austria and Germany when I was 19. I use it for 750ml bottles.

Last edited by a moderator:
My current glass of choice

image.jpg

The one with beer in it... Pint jugs, tankards, nice glasses from the pub (taken with permission) or from beer festivals - I matters not. Chances are the other half will break it within a few months anyway so I don't get too attached! ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My beer glasses are kept seperate from the rest.. normal drinking glasses ect all go in the dish washer.. my beer glasses I clean by hand with hot water and a microfiber.. they are kept in the office/ man cave... swmbo doesn't touch them normally.. although once I found her using one of my glasses full of water to feed chilli plants :-x

My beer glasses are kept seperate from the rest.. normal drinking glasses ect all go in the dish washer.. my beer glasses I clean by hand with hot water and a microfiber.. they are kept in the office/ man cave... swmbo doesn't touch them normally.. although once I found her using one of my glasses full of water to feed chilli plants :-x

Has the divorce been finalised yet? :P

Any other plants would be unacceptable, but chilli plants :thumb:

I've got a beer glass that has been etched. There's a brand called Headmaster here in Australia. I picked this one up for a dollar in a charity shop.

Dad of a bloke I worked with had a pub. My work colleague told me one of his jobs when he was a kid was to grind the bottoms of the new beer glasses so they held the fizz longer.
I'd never heard of it when he told me. That was before the internet, so I asked around and apparently true.

I've got loads of different glasses.Too many to count that I've picked up here and there over the years.
I tend to keep 2 or 3 tankards in the freezer. Dollar each at the Salvation Army store.
qn4eww.jpg
That'll be the etching in the bottom of the glass. Think they call it an activator or nucleus or something.

Thinking of trying some stemmed beer glasses. Thoughts?
n5kdw2.jpg

I've got a beer glass that has been etched. There's a brand called Headmaster here in Australia. I picked this one up for a dollar in a charity shop.

Dad of a bloke I worked with had a pub. My work colleague told me one of his jobs when he was a kid was to grind the bottoms of the new beer glasses so they held the fizz longer.
I'd never heard of it when he told me. That was before the internet, so I asked around and apparently true.

I've got loads of different glasses.Too many to count that I've picked up here and there over the years.
I tend to keep 2 or 3 tankards in the freezer. Dollar each at the Salvation Army store.
qn4eww.jpg

n5kdw2.jpg

Be careful with old pewter tankards. They used to contain lead and can contribute towards lead poisoning. I threw mine away.

:thumb:

Loving all of these, I have a Black Isle Glass at home that I usually use after my Maisels Weiss Glass broke on transport from Germany (years ago) I replaced it with a Tripel Karmeleit Glass which broke about 6 months ago.

Since then I've been having to ... *holds back tears* ...

Keep some beer in the bottle when i'm drinking from a bottle bigger than a pint the horror.

:thumb:

Loving all of these, I have a Black Isle Glass at home that I usually use after my Maisels Weiss Glass broke on transport from Germany (years ago) I replaced it with a Tripel Karmeleit Glass which broke about 6 months ago.

Since then I've been having to ... *holds back tears* ...

Keep some beer in the bottle when i'm drinking from a bottle bigger than a pint the horror.

What, like this one?

karmeliet-tripel-glass-1723-227-1320229056000.jpg

http://www.beautifulbeers.co.uk/kar...Name=accessories-beer-glasses-belgian-glasses

I`m currently drinking from a Heverlee glass which I borrowed from my local.It`s got the fancy etching at the bottom,so it`s great fro keeping a nice head.Also like the Erdinger long pint glasses.

After getting these Spieglau glasses for my birthday last week I am now having to rethink my old trust peroni glass pinched from the local!

Glasses.jpg

Latest posts

Back