So what else do home brewers do?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewberoza

Reaction score
So I looked up fermentation on you tube and found things that had absolutely nothing to do with beer. In stead I got all sorts of health foods.

SO I began to apply what I learned and started to ferment vegetables and, being all about the old school, learnt to bake bread. In fact, there is one in the oven now.

So where else do people apply home brew skills?
Wine, mead and cider come to mind but I suspect there might be a broader range than one might imagine.

Cool guys. I also dabble with repairing electric guitars but I was thinking more in the culinary/fermentation vane.

I've always thought that home brewing / winemaking are much like cooking and baking. :tongue: Sort of - Preparation, Execution, Expectation and Consumption. Slightly different timescales, though.

Would also expect a strong correlation with gardening, although SWMBO does the gardening, from choice, chez moi.

With gardening, there is often a fair time before you can see much improvement.

Gardening is integral to my winemaking, providing the raw ingredients; blackberries, strawberries elderberries etc in fact there are many things that grow readily in our climate that make a wine as good as any grape and what else are you gonna make ? Jam!?

Gardening is integral to my winemaking, providing the raw ingredients; blackberries, strawberries elderberries etc in fact there are many things that grow readily in our climate that make a wine as good as any grape and what else are you gonna make ? Jam!?

Don't suppose you grow hops?

Riding/fixing motorbikes, making chainmaille, playing darts, bread making, shooting, hunting, walking, computer games, programming and home science. To name but a few.

I'm a rugby nut, former player and qualified coach and frequently get to combine this with beer too!!! :whistle:

I have also been known to have a little go on the guitar also, usually at the rugby club, post beer!!!:D

I also make my own artisan bread, chutney and cheese, which I usually consume with my own beer!!! :thumb:

I'm a rugby nut, former player and qualified coach and frequently get to combine this with beer too!!! :whistle:

I have also been known to have a little go on the guitar also, usually at the rugby club, post beer!!!:D

I also make my own artisan bread, chutney and cheese, which I usually consume with my own beer!!! :thumb:

My bread making is still in its infancy. How long does it take to make cheese?

I leave my hard cheeses 3 - 4 months - you need even more patience than brewing!!! :shock:

I'm singer guitarist in a band and duo. Drinking helps inspire me to write new material - got a porta studio i record it all on. Blues/rockabilly/Americana/roots that kind of thing!

The thread has wandered a bit off topic as its no longer home brew related i have moved it to the snug, any other gamers here?

First "proper" console - Atari 2600

null_zpsaefb6d3f.jpg

My favourite was the Dreamcast the first console to have a modem allowing on line gaming.

capture.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

I am still gaming though not as much and only when i can get my lad off his PS4.

sony-playstation-4-ps4.jpg

The thread has wandered a bit off topic as its no longer home brew related i have moved it to the snug , any other gamers here?

First "proper" console - Atari 2600

null_zpsaefb6d3f.jpg

My favourite was the Dreamcast the first console to have a modem allowing on line gaming.

capture.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

I am still gaming though not as much and only when i can get my lad off his PS4.

sony-playstation-4-ps4.jpg

I'm into old school Nintendo. I have a Wii in my bedroom so I can play Mario, Kirby and all the classics.

I'm also getting into archery. Specifically long bows. Saw a documented a few months back about a British Long Bow club and I had to give it a try. So far so good. Well I'm not good, but I'm enjoying it.

Latest posts

Back