Plate chiller plumbing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 to vertical installation as per Alemans post ,had the unenviable task of re-rubbering 8' long 6' high HE when I worked in fruit juice industry , those orange juice cells get everywhere let alone what hops will do to a braized HE as per Vossy's post. Kept me fit though ratcheting those plates tight with a 6' ratchet spanner lol :cry:

wot about this its the stuf like a washing pipe but got steel braid out side inner taken out i can not see any hops getting pass that :thumb:

DSCF4712.jpg

here is a close up boiler filter

DSCF4840.jpg

#30 or #40 mesh is more than fine enough
+1 for that
the mesh ive pu in my hop stoper is really ine though im a bit worried it will be too fine and restrict the flow
you will probably have to have a larger surface area Eddie, suck it and see (so to speak). With a good screen/filter in the kettle you may only need a few inches square fine mesh post screen or a hop stopper would do the job.
had the unenviable task of re-rubbering 8' long 6' high HE when I worked in fruit juice industry
I'd love a smaller GPHE like that but they're too expensive at the mo....don't think I haven't been tempted though :twisted:

wow wot a piece of kit my malt miller 60 plate chiller is wot awsome piece of kit 10 out of 10 got to be the best bit of brewing kit yet :D :D :clap:

have a look at my brew day tomahawk ipa did it today
:thumb:
31bb3 said:
tazuk said:
wow wot a piece of kit my malt miller 60 plate chiller is wot awsome piece of kit 10 out of 10 got to be the best bit of brewing kit yet :D :D :clap:
Great news can't wait to use mine in anger

Back