Evil dog hops.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your advice mate it's on point !
As you guys know this is my 1st attempt at homebrewing and it's been slightly confusing ha !
Today I bought some brewing sugar ( wilkinsons ) brand , I syphoned to the keg which was a struggle as I had no idea what I was doing ! While it was going it was really cloudy and lots of bits in ? Is this usual ? Will it drop to the bottom and clear in a week or so ?
Iv bought bottles but not sure weather to fill these from the keg tap ? Cheers
I will add pics

Cloudy is usual, but it can be greatly reduced by syphoning off to a second bucket (secondary) for a further week and stored on a cold floor once activity has stopped if you have any patience. Bits floating in it shows that its not really finishing fermenting yet as most yeast falls to the bottom when done.

Bottles should only be filled from the fermentation or secondary bucket, ideally not from the keg as you're giving oxygen the chance to create an infection.

Don't forget this is a massive learning curve, so as I say to my kids the only way to find out is to do it (and ask advice of course). Creating beer from a kit or from hops is something that still amazes me. God bless science!

Latest posts

Back