woodforde wherry bottled

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_Nicol

Reaction score
Hi all

Just after a bit of advice/reassurance

Did my first ever brew put in fv 21/04 left in spare bedroom
Bottled 40 bottles on 06/05 put back into spare bedroom
Moved 40 bottles to garage 14/05

It seems flat to me but tbh I know not a lot so what do you think? The photos where taken just now

Took 3 photos in diff light ha

:cheers:

One view of the ale :cheers:

image.jpg

Hi
Did you take any hydro readings? It seems to have fermented out fairly briskly. If it's lacking fizz you could try putting it back in the warm for a few days then chilling down again.

Rob.

Are you basing this on just looking at the bottles? Or have you tried one? The bottles won't look carbonated if they're still under pressure.

Normally a couple of weeks is enough to carb them up, assuming your garage isn't too cold.

If you ain't cracked one, you won't know!

I think you are ok with fermentation, warm conditioning then cold conditioning times. How did you prime the bottles/beer and how much and what type of sugar did you prime with?

I find that, as a general rule, the longer the cold conditioning, the better the CO2 absorption is and the better the carbonation and head retention.

I try to lay off all my beer for at least three months for these reasons. Difficult I appreciate when you are new to it. Get brewing every two weeks for 3 months and you'll soon build up reserves.

Just opened one it's cloudy & has a bitter/sour taste drinkable but not very nice

image.jpg

Have done a few Wherries and it is great after 3 months + in the bottle and not much cop after 3 weeks or so. Also, it has cleared not too badly at this stage, as Wherries go, but will improve.

Have done a few Wherries and it is great after 3 months + in the bottle and not much cop after 3 weeks or so. Also, it has cleared not too badly at this stage, as Wherries go, but will improve.

Brilliant news that then it's doing what it should I'll leave the other 39 bottles alone for a few months got another St. Peter's ruby red in Fv now

Opened my first bottle last night my 1st ever home brew and it tastes lovely. May leave the rest a little longer but it's bang on

image.jpg

Looking great, you should be very pleased with that.

Wherry does need a while in the bottle to be at its best.

Have you got another brew on ?

Looking great, you should be very pleased with that.

Wherry does need a while in the bottle to be at its best.

Have you got another brew on ?

Yeah just put 40 bottles of St. Peter's ruby red in the garage last night

Nice one, not tried the St. Peters kits before, hope thats as good as your Wherry

Yep, well done, looks lovely. I have only ever barrelled the wherry and it always pleases, even after just four weeks in the barrel. I have one wherry kit left before I 'graduate' onto partial mashing so I think I will bottle it and see how it compares.

Latest posts

Back