E-Bay woes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vossy1

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just won this clicky

Had trouble paying and then got an invoice from the seller for £6.25 (he's increased the P+P manually via the invoice, it should be £2 :evil: )

I e-mailed him and no reply. He's changed the Pay Pal amount to £6.25 also, even though the item listing says £2

I've never had this trouble before :evil: :evil: :evil:

Good on ya! He sounds like Dick Turpin with Laptop to me :evil:

Suggestions please chaps..

I can't get the Paypal log in screen to load either via e-bay or direct via PP :cry:
I've not changed any setting on my pc.

are you using IE? or firefox?

in IE i've found flushing the cookies and restarting the browser to work on passworded sites. also try pressing ctrl+F5 which reloads the page from scratch instead of using the files it's saved from the last time you viewed

hmmm could be a whole manner of things. I suppose the only way to find out if it's internet explorer, your comp, or your ISP playing up is to give firefox ago... if firefox works, you know IE is shagged, if it doesn't then it might be either your ISP or your computer..

before you go installing firefox have you got any anti phishing/virus/malware software running? you could just briefly (and i mean litterally briefly) switch that off and test try again.

speaking of phishing, and thank christ for firefox being clever, i had an email from what appeared to be paypal saying they'd seen weird activity on my account and had locked it to prevent crime, and told me that i needed to log in and check everything was ok. I clicked the link and firefox pointed out that this website was not the original paypal website and had prevented me from accessing it..... WOAH that was close :shock:

Well it looks like all the problems regarding this sale are all at my end.
For some reason the Paypal site only works in the early afternoon.
I've been trying to pay Norman (of corny fame) all morning, and couldn't even log in, then at 1pm right as rain :evil:

Not very happy with Paypal at the moment!

Latest posts

Back