Novatwist Reusable Plastic Screw Caps For Wine Bottles.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The subject of reusing metal screw top wine bottles has been discussed many times in the forum, some members have posted that the cap threads eventually wear and the caps do not seal properly, Novatwist Plastic Screw Caps are a cheap reusable alternative. (available in several colours)

1648238581546.png

Novatwist caps - Novatwist is a smart, trendy and easy to use screw cap.

On sale here (these may not be the cheapest) - Novatwist Plastic Screw Caps For Wine Bottles - Silver - Pack Of 12

Last edited:
He says the white disc inside the cap crushes as you tighten the cap and may not be airtight after several uses, he might be right but i have used mine many times over and they are all still airtight.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a deal on these, does anyone know of a cheaper supplier?

I found 12 x Novatwist for £1.92 or16p each but with cheapest delivery option (£3.20 2nd class) it dramatically increases the price to £5.12 or 42p each.

If you buy 120 its still 16p each but the price with cheapest delivery option is then
£22.90 or just over 19p each.

http://www.lovetobrew.co.uk/bottle-closures/

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not see if any forum members would buy half off you on the 120 offer, you could copy this post to limited offers in market place and add your offer.

I don't mind the cost as I'm hoping they will be a present anyway as my B/day and xmas are both coming up, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper deal before I order.

I bought 30 of these to try out and used the first ones yesterday, it's one handed job and they are so easy to use compared to corking, I'm impressed so far, the only thing is the gold colour is a bit more brown than gold but they still look ok

I've been using these for a while and would like to say check your bottles to make sure they are actually screw top and try an old screw top lid to make sure the thread is good.

I've had two failures, one I mistakenly fitted to a cork bottle with no screw thread and it just went round and round and leaked when tilted so I had to take it off.

The second would tighten and then slip, when I removed it I found the glass screw thread had a chip out of it.

But I do like them and I'm slowly moving over to them for my own use, but I'm still doing corks n shrink tops for giveaways

If you watch the video he shows a close up of a bottle that can take the novatwist caps and he says they have to be 30 mm, i have measured one of my caps and the inside diameter is 29mm.

Update -

I posted that i had used mine many times on 23-09-2015 (see post above) i am still using the original ones (they have been used many times over) and they still seal perfectly, a great product and price.

Hi Guys & Guyessssss,

Has anyone come up with a less lethal method of removing the metal 'collar' from screw top bottles so you can use Novatwist caps other than jamming a knife underneath the 'collar' and cutting them off?

Has anyone come up with a less lethal method of removing the metal 'collar' from screw top bottles

You must be drinking posh wine, the paint stripper we used to drink from TESCO before i started to make my own didn't have a metal collar.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

I bought my 150cl bottles from an online shop and they came with the novatwist caps.

Sorry to disappoint you Chippy but the wine bottles are from drinking (Before I saw the Light!) the cheapest wine that Aldi's do around £3 a bottle. It actually was quite a reasonable wine! 1.5L bottles of course don't have a 'collar', I'm using the 75cl bottles which tend to.

Interesting idea but having a quick word with family an friends or your local pub will usually see you with more replacement metal caps than you know what to do with.

Update.

In the video he says the white disc in the cap will eventually compress so far it will not longer work, i cannot remember when i bought mine but would guess it was a year and a half ago, i have used mine many times over and they still seal perfectly.

Interesting but once I've got the labels off, the screw top wine bottles last forever and it's very easy to secure a supply of metal caps to replace those that wear out from family members who drink supermarket wines or a friendly landlord.

I don't see why they wouldn't be but it may be worth emailing the company if you are thinking of buying some for that reason.

Latest posts

Back