Latest from Get Er Brewed.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to the popularity of the Gin Trade and the growth of this sector of the distillation industry, Get 'Er Brewed have sourced some of the finest Gin botanicals and added it to their portfolio of products. Gin is fundamentally made with the distillation of neutral grain spirit with a mixture of botanicals to flavour the spirit. The spirit has no recognisable flavour prior to the addition of botanicals. The key botanical for Gin is Juniper without it you can’t even call it Gin. The quality of the botanicals will have a massive impact on the quality of the spirit you make so we have used the same ethos with the brewery ingredients and sourced the best we possibly can, you can’t put a price on a quality product especially when you want to make a consistently impressive flavour profile.

See the full catalogue here;
https://www.geterbrewed.com/gin-botanicals-en/

Gin Infusion / Garnish Set
Gin is very trendy right now and we have a fantastic Gin infusion or Garnish set for the Gin lover, we supply botanicals to craft distillers and microbreweries so we have the finest quality available, so if you want to make Gin like the pros, read on…
This Gin Infusion Set comes complete with 2 x 200ml Professional Italian Spirit Bottles allowing you to create your own Gin infusions with the widest range of botanicals in any infusion set on the market, so fancy yourself as a gin mixologist?
You can infuse or garnish your gin with the botanical test tubes that come with this gin infusion set
Create a unique and wonderful Gin from the following botanicals
Juniper
Coriander Seed
Sweet Orange
Lemon
Fennel Seed
Peppercorns
Angelica Root
Grains of Paradise
Cassia Bark
Ginger
Elderflower
Just Add alcohol, Gin is made with Neutral Grain Spirit and you can only call it gin when it contains Juniper
Garnish
To use the ingredients as garnishes simply add a pinch to your favourite Gin and Tonic
Infusions
Use each ingredient alone to learn about the flavor profiles or Mix and Match to create your perfect flavour combinations
Geterbrewed Gin Infusion / Garnish Set Includes
11 x Large Test Tubes of Gin botanicals - **Will make multiple batches**
2 x Italian Glass Spirit Bottles
Leaflet describing each Gin botanical and how they are used
Muslin Botanical bags - **Reuseable**
https://www.geterbrewed.com/gin-infusion-garnish-set/

Gin Infusions.jpg

New innovations in beer kits launching for the first time at Geterbrewed

10 new trendy and exciting beer styles that will appeal to craft beer enthusiasts

The new craft series from mangrove jacks has genuinely lead the way with producing a beer kit that is relevant to today's craftbeer industry

https://www.geterbrewed.com/mangrove-jacks-craft-series/

@Get_Er_Brewed a while ago I was given some sour yeast to review. I made a gose with it and it's fantastic! Where would you like the review written? On this forum or on your website? Currently the yeast is only for microbrewery customers but can leave it there if that's good with you.

@Get_Er_Brewed a while ago I was given some sour yeast to review. I made a gose with it and it's fantastic! Where would you like the review written? On this forum or on your website? Currently the yeast is only for microbrewery customers but can leave it there if that's good with you.
Hi, sorry for the delayed reply, can you post the review here and then I can add it to the website also, really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback, thanks

New England Dried Yeast Homebrew Sachets - 25g

You keep asking for them so we have opened a 500g pack and foil packaged it down into 25g foil vac packs

This yeast is now the house New England strain for some of the best brewers in Europe

You need to use 1g per litre pitch rate so we have foil vac packed them into 25g packs.

https://www.geterbrewed.com/lalbrew-new-england-yeast-11g/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, sorry for the delayed reply, can you post the review here and then I can add it to the website also, really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback, thanks

Yeah no problem, thanks for the yeast! Really happy to review products for free ;). Anyway, here;s my review:

I love sour beers but previously have only made them "by accident", so I was really interested in this yeast which does the souring during the brew and not in secondary. I made a gose keeping the recipe simple to let the yeast shine through:

4.5 kg Pale malt

12g Junga @ 60 min
25g sea salt @ 15 min
23g Junga @ 5 min

MJ West Coast yeast

I kept the Wildbrew Sour Pitch yeast at 37°c for 36 hours in my Grainfather. Afterwards I did the boil, fermentation and put it into secondary for a bit. Out the fermenter it tasted incredibly sour with tropical fruit flavours coming through along with the salt I added. Flavours were nice but a bit on the sharp side, but a good omen for things to come! From the bottle the flavours had matured and this is a surprisingly complex beer, with most the flavours coming from the yeast. The flavours blended better and the sharpness had disappeared leading to a very complex beer. I'm really pleased with how this has come out and will definitely be using this again to make more sour beers and goses.

New England Dried Yeast Homebrew Sachets - 25g

You keep asking for them so we have opened a 500g pack and foil packaged it down into 25g foil vac packs

This yeast is now the house New England strain for some of the best brewers in Europe

You need to use 1g per litre pitch rate so we have foil vac packed them into 25g packs.

https://www.geterbrewed.com/lalbrew-new-england-yeast-11g/

This sounds like a good bit of innovation and initiative. But we all obviously know what the dried yeast guys say about dried yeast afte you’ve opened it. Have you done any trials with how viable it is say 4-6 weeks after repacking?

I would be right up for giving it a try and giving a full review. It would put you ahead of lallemand as they do seemi be dragging their heels on this a bit.

This sounds like a good bit of innovation and initiative. But we all obviously know what the dried yeast guys say about dried yeast afte you’ve opened it. Have you done any trials with how viable it is say 4-6 weeks after repacking?

I would be right up for giving it a try and giving a full review. It would put you ahead of lallemand as they do seemi be dragging their heels on this a bit.

We brewed a trial in our brewery using this strain and was impressed with the stone fruit flavours that comes from the yeast, we initially under pitched our first efforts (school boy effort really, should have read the instructions) and when we brewed the second batch with the correct pitch rate the fruit flavours came to the front, we did a single infusion mash , single hop El Dorado and fermented for 5 days. First batch had a nice subtle pineapple flavour, the second batch was very fruity like peach and I was super impressed. Lallemand aren't dragging their heals I don't think they expected the commercial demand to be as high and we took the decision to release it in our 25g foil vac packs. The repacking was carried out ultra careful and I would hope it doesn't negatively affect it. My understanding is its a very difficult strain to grow and hence the backlog of commercial orders and delay in launching the homebrew size but I am confident they have measures in place to resolve this issue quickly.

We brewed a trial in our brewery using this strain and was impressed with the stone fruit flavours that comes from the yeast, we initially under pitched our first efforts (school boy effort really, should have read the instructions) and when we brewed the second batch with the correct pitch rate the fruit flavours came to the front, we did a single infusion mash , single hop El Dorado and fermented for 5 days. First batch had a nice subtle pineapple flavour, the second batch was very fruity like peach and I was super impressed. Lallemand aren't dragging their heals I don't think they expected the commercial demand to be as high and we took the decision to release it in our 25g foil vac packs. The repacking was carried out ultra careful and I would hope it doesn't negatively affect it. My understanding is its a very difficult strain to grow and hence the backlog of commercial orders and delay in launching the homebrew size but I am confident they have measures in place to resolve this issue quickly.

Awesome and thanks for the update. I have heard from a few breweries that i know they have all been impressed with the yeast and it has taken existing beers to a new level.

Have you tried or do you know if collection and reuse of this strain is viable. Based on traditional views and information from dried yeast suppliers they don't recommend it but to stretch it that bit further have you tried re-pitching it?

GEB Experimental Beer Kit Series
The simplest way of making beer from kits can sometimes be unnecessarily disappointing, at Geterbrewed we value our customers and we want them to brew successfully and be impressed with their batches of homebrew. Too many suppliers are selling beer kits that aren't suitable and they don't give support to help people brew successfully, it isn't like homebrewing in the 70's you can now make really impressive batches of beer at home with ease that can easily surpass the quality of shop bought beer at a fraction of the price.

A short time ago we did a beer kit review and removed some brands that we felt just weren't of a high enough quality. To drive forward our passion to have folk making the best possible homebrew we have a unique customised beer kit service that allows you to design your own beer kit, the quality of this is unrivalled and we know you can brew really impressive beer with this, so we have taken this service and designed some really high end tried and tested beer kits. We have launched 4 new beer kits this week, two of which are the first of it's kind in the homebrew industry;

1. Simcoe Cryohop Amber Ale Beer Kit
  2. Mosaic Pale Ale Beer Kit
  3. DIPA Beer Kit
  4. NEIPA Beer Kit
The Experimental Beer Kit Series contains the following premium quality ingredients;

• Liquid Malt Pouches Cold Filled
  • IBU Hop Solution
  • Innovative Hop Pellet Tea Bags
  • Brewers Yeast Strain
So if you wanted to try making a true to style NEIPA at home you now can plus we even have a Beer Kit with the latest advances in hop technology, the first Cryohop beer kit.

These are exciting beer kits and they are very simple to brew, we have instructions on our Craft a Beer Kit Service

https://www.geterbrewed.com/craft-a-beer-instructions/

Checkout the new range of beer kits here;

https://www.geterbrewed.com/geb-experimental-beer-kit-series/

Happy Brewing

The GEB Crew

Attachments

• geb-ex-series.jpg
    geb-ex-series.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 145
Geterbrewed New Experimental Extract Beer Kits

Geterbrewed have been experimenting with their range of extract beer kits and have added a new range of exciting extract beer brewing kits that have a specific focus on premium quality ingredients and innovative new beer styles.

What are Extract Beer Kits?

Extract Beer Kits are considered the next step after homebrewers have tried a beer kit, the addition of steeping grains to the brewing process and the adding of hops throughout the boiling process allows home brewers to add a fresh malt flavor and beautiful hop profile creating impressive results. Extract brewing doesn’t require a lot of equipment and you can upgrade from kit brewing with a large stovetop pot and a copper chiller, if you haven’t got a chiller you can cool using an ice bath in your sink, basic beer kit brewing equipment is required.

Geterbrewed Extract Beer Kits Contain

1. Premium Quality Liquid Malt Pouches
  2. Steeping Grains freshly crushed
  3. Hop Pellets in innovative Hop Tea Bags
  4. Brewers Yeast Strains
  5. Whirlfloc Tablet
  6. Muslin Bags
Geterbrewed Extract Beer Kit Recipes are based on the following

26.5 Litre Boil Volume

23 Litres at the end of the boil

21 Litres into the fermenter

19 litres packaged

How to Brew Great beer from Extract?

The Key to successful extract brewing takes three things;

1. Sterilization as with all types of brewing this is key to successful brewing, good sanitation practices throughout the brewday
  2. Temperature Control, accurate infusion temperatures and controlled fermentation temperatures
  3. Freshness of the ingredients, Geterbrewed have a high stock turnover so you always get fresh ingredients, we mill our malt fresh the day its dispatched plus we have the latest hop harvest and brewers yeast strains. All our extract kits are processed by hand so you are sure to get a quality service
What is Malt Extract?

Malt Extract Starts out in the brewhouse just like any other beer, to make malt extract the wort is transferred to evaporators after the boiling stage instead of going to the fermenter. Geterbrewed use liquid malt extract in their extract brewing kits.

Liquid Malt Extract is simply concentrated wort and it takes a lot of work out of home brewing, it is best described like a syrup consistency and is generally available in light, amber or dark format.

How to Brew an Extract Beer Kit?

It’s a fairly simple process, you follow the following steps

1. Create the wort, the first stage is to steep your grain additions or ‘Mash’ as its know in brewing. This means adding one litre of hot water (usually around 65 degrees) for every 1 kilo of malt. Geterbrewed supply muslin grain bags for this process in their extract kits. This is a single temperature infusion for usually 30 minutes and this process creates wort
  2. Add the liquid malt (usually half at this stage) to the wort you have created, you may need to add more water depending on the size of your pot and bring this to a rolling boil, during the boil you will add hops at different stages to achieve different flavours. Hops added at the start of the boil create bitterness, hops added near the end of the boil create flavor and hops added at the end of the boil contribute to hop aroma
  3. Add the remaining liquid malt extract near the end of the boil to pasteurize it
  4. Chill Quickly using a copper wort chiller or ice bath, (if you have brewed short with a smaller pot you will need to rehydrate the wort in the fermenter, monitor your temperatures carefuly to achieve the correct fermentation temperature)
  5. Transfer the wort to the fermenter and take a gravity reading with your hydrometer
  6. Add Yeast
  7. Allow to ferment ensuring you control the fermentation temperature, a constant temperature is the key to successful extract brewing
  8. Package in a bottle or keg
What if I don’t have a pot large enough to boil 26.5 litres?

Brew Stovetop 11 litre batches, simply boil all of your hops in half of your liquid malt extract then add the remaining liquid malt extract at the end of the boil to pasteurize it and then dilute the volume in the fermenter

What Extract Beer Kits are available from Geterbrewed?

https://www.geterbrewed.com/extract-brewing-kits/
  1. California Common
  2. English Pale Ale
  3. Irish Red Ale
  4. American Pale Ale
  5. American Amber Ale
  6. Double IPA
  7. American Brown Ale
  8. NEIPA
  9. Dry Oatmeal Stout
  10. Citra IPA
  11. Mosaic Pale Ale

"Kegging is King" especially if you bring a keg to a party, we like to have friends around for beer and pizza nights and a keg is great means to excite people with your brews, plus you can have beer ready a lot quicker in comparison to bottle conditioning and........................... its a lot less hassle than bottling!
Kegs genuinely require minimal maintenance, they do however require you to clean them , if everything is sterile as with a lot of things in brewing it helps to gain success and avoid infections

What makes up the Geterbrewed keg starter kit;
  • 1 x Cornelius Keg Brand New 19 litre capacity
  • 2 x Ball Lock Fittings
  • 2 x Thread FFL John Guest fittings to attach to Ball Lock for quick release
  • 1 x CO2 Regulator with quick release John Guest Fitting
  • 1 x Beer Line
  • 1 x Dispensing Tap Assembly
What are the Fittings on the Corny Keg?
Basically there is two ports on a Corny Keg, Beer Out and Gas In.

1. Beer Out, you attach a ball lock disconnect to this and it has a beer dispensing assembly connected to it, whether that be a tap directly added to the ball lock or if its run out into a length of beer line and then into a picnic tap or tower dispenser. The key point here is to avoid foam (fobbing), a lot of turbulance is created as beer exits the keg under pressure via the ball lock valve so you want sufficient beer line length to prevent this coming out of the tap, it needs to settle in a length of beer line . Also the beer needs to be cold, the warmer the beer gets the more the co2 wants to come out of suspension and foam up.

2. Gas In, you attach a ball lock disconnect to this (which has a gas line running to the regulator) and it connects the co2 tank to the Corny Keg via this assembly, the pressure is adjusted with the regulator and this allows you to set the psi

Points to keep in mind

• Keep everything sterile
  • Try not to introduce oxygen when transferring the beer from the fermenter into the keg
  • The colder the beer the more easily it dissolves the co2
  • There is different carbonation levels depending on the style of beer
  • Carbonation can be set with the psi and achieved slowly over a few days or you can force carbonate (rolling the keg back and forth to force carbonate the beer quickly with co2)
What is the regulator?
It controls the flow of the CO2 into the Corny Keg, you may want to carbonate a beer over a few days at 12psi, this reading is on the dial to the right of the control when connected to the co2 tank, the dial above the turn controller reads how much co2 is in the container. Remember you dial up to carbonate but need to reduce that down to a dispensing pressure after carbonation is complete

What is the Dispensing Tap Assembly?
Its where the beer comes out , we have selected a picnic tap and have suffcient beer line to prevent fobbing or foam during dispensing

https://www.geterbrewed.com/complete-keg-set-up-19-litre-corny-keg-starter-kit/
Kegging Starter Kit.jpg

Latest posts

Back