Hi, just joined ...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rimesman

Reaction score
I've been brewing for many years, but in a limited, naïve way. More recently I've started to learn things of a more technical nature, and I know now about hot break and cold break and such; but I'm not ready to get involved in jargon and more detailed stuff -- I want to keep things simple for a while.

When we have our new house and new kitchen in the spring I'll get back into brewing again; living in a mobile home doesn't allow much space for brewing!

We live in north Hampshire, with its clay-ey soil, and we have our own private well for water. It's very soft, high in iron and with a treated pH of around 7. I've found out that this pH might be suitable for dark malty brews (which is handy, because that's my favourite style!), and one of the threads I've seen shows me how to change the alkalinity and calcium levels to brew lighter or paler beers.

Anyone with any knowledge (simple please!) to impart I'm more than ready to listen, and look forward to contributing to other people's threads when I've learnt a bit more.

Cheers ...

Latest posts

Back