Fridge-Freezer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBowie

Regular.
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before and I have read the other threads, however there doesn’t seem to be a divinities answer.

I have a fridge freezer waiting for my brew den in the garage (once the house is built).

Is it just going to be able to be used as a fridge-freezer or is there any way of using the top as fermentation fridge and still use the bottom as a freezer?

Thanks in advance.

Hi!
Some fridge freezers have only one compressor and others have two, one for the fridge and one for the freezer.
I think that in a single-compressor system, you won't be able to run each unit independently (but I'm no expert).
There is a YouTube clip showing how to replace the thermostats with Inkbird-type controllers in a two-compressor fridge freezer. This allows you to run each one independently: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm4MVR8n6Bg&feature=share[/ame]

Thanks for the reply, hopefully it won’t be too long before I can have a look and resume brewing.

Back