Dodgy batch

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauly-paul

Reaction score
Hello everyone, First post so be nice.

I have a weird one on my latest brew. It's a young's harvest bitter, which i brewed to the instructions (as i always do). Only problem is it's very light in colour, allmost like a lager. I barreled anyway today and had a small taste, just tastes really weak. Started at 1035 ended at 1005ish so has fermented.

I've just started a scottish export which is the right colour, so i've come to the conlusion that the label on the can was the wrong one.

I've brewed the harvest bitter 3 times before and it's been perfect.

So my question is, has anyone had a similar experiance with wrong labels on the beer kit?

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

hi ,we run a shop , and occasionally the wrong labels get put on. best way is to jot down batch no and then you can always email manufacturers.
cheers
paul, keg 9 homebrews :cheers: :drink: :drunk:
pauly-paul said:
Hello everyone, First post so be nice.

I have a weird one on my latest brew. It's a young's harvest bitter, which i brewed to the instructions (as i always do). Only problem is it's very light in colour, allmost like a lager. I barreled anyway today and had a small taste, just tastes really weak. Started at 1035 ended at 1005ish so has fermented.

I've just started a scottish export which is the right colour, so i've come to the conlusion that the label on the can was the wrong one.

I've brewed the harvest bitter 3 times before and it's been perfect.

So my question is, has anyone had a similar experiance with wrong labels on the beer kit?

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Latest posts

Back