Got Cornys! Got Fridge! What else do I need?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puravida

Landlord.
Reaction score
Got a small under counter fridge from a friend and have a couple of cornys to slot in.
I've noticed in the slightly warmer weather this past few days that my beer is gushing more out of the keg so it's time to get that kegerator built.

I've downloaded some instructions and it seems fairly simple.

BUT - where do I get the bits I need? And does anyone have a definitive shopping list??

:cheers:

puravida said:
Got a small under counter fridge from a friend and have a couple of cornys to slot in.
I've noticed in the slightly warmer weather this past few days that my beer is gushing more out of the keg so it's time to get that kegerator built.

I've downloaded some instructions and it seems fairly simple.

BUT - where do I get the bits I need? And does anyone have a definitive shopping list??

:cheers:
Norm is always a good starting point for dispensing equipment + bits n' bobs

You could try the new sponsor for your temp control. They have one ready built here- with that you can run a circuit to heat ( a small tube heater that you can fit into the fridge ) and another to cool ( the fridge itself ).

Alternatively you can buy bits and put together yourself, there are various topics on here about them and wiring diagrams, as that is how I did mine. :thumb:

Once you have the temp control and your dispense bits you are good to go

The hardest part for me when building mine was choosing the tower I wanted.

I opted not to use the digital controller on the kegerator because for my needs it's set at one temp all the time. All my beer gets served at 34* F. The control unit I went with is a simple sabco analog controller that keeps the freezer at the specified temp so long as its cooler than the ambient air. From there it was just a matter of drilling a hole big enough for the serving lines to slip through and using sheet metal screws to mount the tower on the top. One day when I'm able to convince she who controls the pocket book that we NEED a bar I will build the bar around the freezer and mount the tower on the bar. Temp control was the easy part though.

Back