Show us your pressies

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vossy1

Landlord.
Reaction score
THBF traditional pressies thread :roll: :lol:
My sister and wife came to the rescue on Christmas day as V's too tight to buy 4 for £6 :lol: ...might even force me to brew again those prices :whistle:
So the beer pressies...my only critique....why always only buy 1 of the Batemans...I want 1 to try, and 1 to save...with a BBB of 2037 it's not too much to ask :lol: Presently supping Dalby old Ale, not really old style at 5% and body a bit thin...but I didn't buy it so it's all welcome :drink:

i got a few chocs, a miniature set of whiskey and aftershave. and a new stickblender(joint pressy) from the mother in-law me and the mrs didnt get each other any thing as we are saving to move and need a new cooker.

i dont ask for any thing as i tend not to get any thing for my hobbies last year i took up shooting(air rifle) mrs is anti gun so sold it all when my little girl was born. so took up brewing as beer

update the stick blender is no more went to use it to blitz down some xmas dinner for the lad and it stopped working after 2 mins glad the old one was still working or he would be having a jar of seaside pasta. for £40 i was hoping it would last a little while longer

No pics, but I'm quite easy to please, all I insist upon for Christmas is a Toblerone, a Terry's chocolate orange (I got 2 of each) and a box of liquorice allsorts.

Other than the essentials, there was a distinct theme to my presses. Darling Daughter gave me a t-shirt saying that "a fine beer may be judged with one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure" and 1001 beers to try before I die. Unfortunately, that's only a book and no actual bottles. Wife gave me an alcohol breath tester!

Thus far, son has given me bugger all.

No sign yet of a single malt whisky :(

I got a plate chiller from mrlard's site but I've no idea what fittings I need or how to set it up. Suspect I'll need to hit youtube for some research.

Nothing beer related but I got a cordless drill from my wife.. And a petrol strimmer from my parent, I can do a bit of damage now!

Nothing directly beer-related; a bottle of Jameson's, a place on a foraging course in April, and some Truefitt & Hill Grafton shaving cream.

I got a Wilko pressure barrel, crown capper and some caps so I'm fairly pleased - especially because I have a golden ale just about ready for kegging and my other barrel is full. Should mean I can keep a rolling stock of conditioned beer going once I get a few more bottles.

Dave

My inlaws brought me a border terrier pup, I have wanted another dog for a couple of years now but the kids were a bit to young.

Its great having a dog back in the house.

I got a fine port tasting set (3 ports I've never seen and a little crystal glass) and the wife got me a bluebeards revenge safety razor set.

yde3aba7.jpg

Artisan French pates and spiced mead. Family clearly know me well lol

I had a corny keg from my parents, will be having anything else off them tomorrow.

I had the Trappist beer selections and a glass, another selection of 5 bottles (including some brew dog) all from beer hawk. Also have an elderflower wine 6 bottle kit and a Geordie winter warmer kit from swmbo and the bambino. So far not done bad at all. Let's see what tomorrow brings

byhu6yqy.jpg

The highlights, a sign for the brewery, booze and chocolate! I also scored cash and gift vouchers, I'm gonna use those to treat myself to some new clothes... That's assuming I've not put the stone and a half back on today!

Gotta new Corny keg and half a dozen craft beers, bottle of whiskey and a bottle of baileys.... hic.

Amongst other stuff, I got the Walter Becker CD I hadn't got around to buying (Circus Money), so now I'm up to date with Steely Dan related audio stuff, and in other Steely Dan news, I also got Donald Fagen's recent book (Eminent Hipsters).

The MiL has given me £50. Wondering what to blow it on. Possibly, filling in the gaps in my Richard Brautigan collection - I had all the books bar the poetry before I split with my 1st wife. Still not sure quite how I managed to leave some of them behind. And I don't have all of Hunter S Thompson's books either, for some strange reason.

Latest posts

Back