What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My father in law, who has a habit of drinking all of my homebrew during his visits (9 days the last one) once again cleared me out during his last stay, last week. Announcing their return for Christmas I have brewed him his very own beer. Whilst reading the latest BYO magazine he was pleased to see Okells Brewery featured, and with it a clone recipe for their mild. A beer he once enjoyed on a cycling trip to the isle of Man. At 3%, it will certainly not do for me, but 23l of the stuff should keep him off my kegged IPAs!
acheers.

American wheat beer, grain bill copied from the Greg Hughes book but hopped with El Dorado and Lemondrop and using third generation Barbarian yeast from the GEB free sample. Should be fruity!

Another Wilko Black Cherry kit. The last one had 1.5litres Tesco Blackcurrant concentrate added (prepared beforehand).
This one will also have Apple juice added. The last one tasted very good.
I've also just bottled 5 litres of Beaverdale Shiraz.

My father in law, who has a habit of drinking all of my homebrew during his visits (9 days the last one) once again cleared me out during his last stay, last week. Announcing their return for Christmas I have brewed him his very own beer. Whilst reading the latest BYO magazine he was pleased to see Okells Brewery featured, and with it a clone recipe for their mild. A beer he once enjoyed on a cycling trip to the isle of Man. At 3%, it will certainly not do for me, but 23l of the stuff should keep him off my kegged IPAs!
acheers.

Same problem. I've brewed 23 litres of stout ready for him ready next weekend - just trying to ration my pale ale til then! As hes here for a few months I might need to start batch 2...

Same problem. I've brewed 23 litres of stout ready for him ready next weekend - just trying to ration my pale ale til then! As hes here for a few months I might need to start batch 2...

Haha! So you know. It's the third time he's cleaned me out. I'm ready this time! I see it as only a positive if they drink all your stock. Better than than the one bottle then "it's nice, but have you got a heineken" question....

GH Nelson Sauvin single hop mashing now.
First time I've used this hop.
No liquid yeast yet, so will be using US05.

A hectic early start this morning making three Christmas cakes,yes a bit late but they'll be fine. They're in the oven...smell lovely!
Anyhow I'm going to chill out now and brew.....
A repeat of a successful user upper I brewed in April. American IPA with columbus, centennial and cascade. I have extra hops though for the dry hop.
A quick cuppa then I'm on it!

All went well. Scraped by on volume to fv,got 22 litres. Seemed to have more boil off than usual. BHE still up and down,only mid 60's this time. Missed OG 4 points but should still get a +4.5% result.
Just one hiccup...managed to push the grommet through the fv lid into the wort when fitting the blow off tube. I had a spare. What a top hat!!

IMG_20181117_192006.jpg
at least the cakes went well...

Mosaic Rye Ale
Not sure how much rye will come through. Found out too late that I should have milled this separately from the rest of the malts.
Dry hopping with Mosaic & Centennial when the time comes.

Just simple Imperial IPA, i hope it will be ready for xmas.

Attachments

• IMG_20181203_102112.jpg
    IMG_20181203_102112.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20181203_135602.jpg
    IMG_20181203_135602.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20181203_135609.jpg
    IMG_20181203_135609.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Back