Cloudy Wine.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimwine101

Reaction score
Hi, I've been using this site for a long time now for recipes and general wine based 'swotting up.'
I spent last summer and autumn making various wines, the ones that I've sampled so far have been very nice so I'm quite pleased with how it's going. I wont open the elderberry until Christmas and I've drank all of the elder flower.
There are 12 bottles of Damson wine that I've had a sneaky bottle of early. Was yummy.
Just bottled some Parsnip that has been clearing since Feb but that was fairly disgusting at bottling but I hope it'll improve.

However, the reason I've signed up and posted is that I have some pear wine that I started in October. It finished quickly and is now sat in the Demijons clearing. It's been clearing since christmas and is still quite cloudy. I've racked it three times this year and I've added half a teaspoon of pectic enzyme each time hoping that the mist is fruit solids that will break down.
It hasn't made any difference whatsoever.
It's is the same colour and clarity as the scrumpy cider you buy from the supermarket. Before I start randomly adding a myriad of different chemicals and potions to my wine I wondered if any of you had encountered this before and have an immediate solution for me.

Thanks in advance,

James

The only thing i can suggest is KwiK Clear, it is the best and fastest fining i have used and will clear a really murky wine in 48 hours.

kwik_clear_finings.png

Latest posts

Back