Home Brew Competition - November 16

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The category for November 16 is Pale Ale.

Style Guidelines:

Pale Ale
(Includes Pale Ale, Golden Ale, Blonde Ales. Does not include Belgian Pale Ales, IPAs or Double IPAs)
Pale Ales should have an OG of between 1.035 and 1.055 and 20-50 IBUs. Beers should exhibit a medium hop flavour/aroma with hops of any type, and malt should be medium and balanced. Some degree of fruitiness is acceptable. Pale Ales should be drier with a light to medium body. They should be light in colour with medium carbonation.

You can see all style guidelines here: http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64366

Judge: @Leon103

If you'd like to enter please send a PM to the judge who will provide you with a delivery address. Entries must reach the judge by Wednesday 30th November and feedback will be provided by PM within 2 weeks. The winner will be announced on this thread.

For details of what details needs to be provided with your entry and competition rules please look at this thread: http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64349

I think I'll send a bottle over during the week. @Leon103 - same address as the one I used for the bottle swap?

Does one of the mods fancy stickying this in the General Beer Brewing Discussion forum? The October one can probably be moved back to the comps forum.

I think I will have a go at this. I've just completed a Pale AG brew and I am quite pleased with it. Can you PM me the address?

Thanks

Jas

I think I'll send a bottle over during the week. @Leon103 - same address as the one I used for the bottle swap?

Does one of the mods fancy stickying this in the General Beer Brewing Discussion forum? The October one can probably be moved back to the comps forum.

Yes, same address.

I'm touch and go for having a second brew ready which would be suitable for the comp but it's going to be tight. Would anyone object if I sent two different entries?

I wouldn't. The more entries the better. This was something I was thinking about a couple of weeks ago when I was planning ahead. I don't see a problem with it.

Latest posts

Back