Starting a Micro-Brewery Course

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Get_Er_Brewed

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
Starting a Micro-Brewery Course 24th June 2017.

http://www.geterbrewed.com/starting-a-micro-brewery-course-en-2/

Come and spend a day with us and find the perfect brewing system for your Microbrewery. You will spend the day brewing with one of our own brewers from our own brewery, the brew-day will be presented on a 200 litre Brewiks, if the group wants to try other equipment like a Speidel or a Grainfather that can be facilitated.

During the brew-day you will experience what a brew-day is like from start to finish, we are happy for you to be involved and get hands on, you can ask questions and learn more practically with a skilled member of staff than you will ever learn from reading or researching blind online.

Lunch will be available at a special rate in the Farmshop café which is onsite at our Brewery and Warehouse.

No brew-day would be complete without some beer sampling so we will be tasting beers and talking about different styles throughout the day.

Key Benefits

Practical Hands on Brewing to get a feel for how the brewing systems work

Knowledgeable brewers to ask all your questions a brewery, Get ‘er Brewed own a Microbrewery Hillstown Brewery so we have first hand experience with starting up

Learn about ingredients and recipe building

Learn about distribution

Please get in touch if you have any questions.

paulmccourt (Verified Reviewer)

06/11/16

Starting a Micro-Brewery Course

I attended the first micro brewery course day on Saturday 5th November and would highly recommend it to anyone with an interest in craft beer and brewing. No matter what your level of experience is, if you're wanting to start your own brewery, expand you current set up, keen home brewer or even just interested in seeing how beer made, you will find the day very interesting.

The Hillstown Brewery took us their main brewing system, a 200 litre brew in the Berwick system and a brew in the Grainmaster. Each step was explained along the way and gave tips on recipe building. The advice on how to go about setting up a craft brewery and what to expect along the way from the pit falls, to marketing and HMRC requirements.

Did I mention there was plenty of local craft beers to sample through out the day? Did it not? Well, there was loads. Tip - have a designated driver or get dropped off and picked up. Saying that, as I was driving I was able to take a couple samples home with me. There was also had local cheese and crackers to nibble on. Some of the guys attending even brought a couple of bottles of their own brews for tasting. The Hillstown team also had a keg of the new Pamoja Black Coffee IPA to sample. Can't wait for that to hit the shops.

We even got to meet the cattle that have the spent grain and stout as part of their feed. Don't forget to pick some up in the farm shop before you leave.

All in all a very enjoyable day out and I am keen to use the advice i got and get my next brew started.

Back