Ophelia

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just woke up off my last shift..woohoo! I can hear the wind but I don't think we're in for much here in North Wales. ..

Thanks, Belfast here and winds are picking up. It looks like the West Coast of Ireland/ Donegal and Londonderry will get the worst but already a shop front has blown down close to us. We're well prepared with candles and digital devices charged up but I think we should be fine living in a big city, it's the rural areas that may struggle with a loss of power.

15p63b9.jpg

Credit Facebook, posters name on request by PM.

Quite calm at the moment in Belfast, although they shut all the schools i believe.

edit- or maybe not then?

Just looking at some of the damage down South atm and it's crazy atm. Seen a video of a school roof blowing off and a picture of Cork City FC's stand has been wrecked. It's to hit us in a few hours but it is very gusty atm.

Several trees down in the Belfast area with some close calls involving cars. Damage to property is happening and we're not even close to the peek

Eek - I’m working in London today and on my way back to the train the sky was an eerie yellow !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eek - I’m working in London today and on my way back to the train the sky was an eerie yellow !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likewise here,Surrey / London border very strange yellow/grey tint to the sky,mostly cleared away now,very windy though.
Odd how 30 years to the date from the' Great Storm' another one comes along!

Ye the sun looked well weird this morning, caused by Ophelia dragging Saharan dust and smoke from forest fires into the upper atmosphere and blowing them north, apparently. That's the only effect we'll see around here, unfortunately.

It's looking like the apocalypse here in Norwich now. Has gone strangely dark with a very odd red hue to the light. :-o

Wind really whipping up here in Derry.Just starting to get really strong and the sky today was really grey with low lying cloud covering the top of the hospital which is out my back.Indoors with candles and water at the ready in case of any power cuts.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Fek, she's going south. I think we are all going to be *watted by this one,,,, 982mb pressure up here and dropping,,,

Had to google that, doesn't sound good.

Storm Hunters

982mb pressure is lowest pressure of a gulf tropical storm that was not a hurricane. The winds will respond to the drop in pressure soon, unfortunately.

Storm Hunters Yep wouldnt be Surprised to see it hit a s a cat 1 now and looks like they are thinking the same I wouldnt be Surprised when the next update comes in it will be a Hurricane

Kevin Gately
Kevin Gately Possibly so, and I'll throw it out there to not make it past maybe 90 mph tops, but that slow movement and surge

Woo hoo, 978.5mb. Kegs done and Orphelia has had a daughter in the Irish sea heading for the Lake District

Something is brewing for Friday, last time I checked ( last night ). Will probably have a lower central pressure than Ophelia, not be of tropical origin and pack a bigger punch depending on track. Meanwhile it was so bad here yesterday, and this is no word of a lie, I had to upright a large plant pot containing a small conifer this morning.

Large branch snapped off the tree right next to my back garden.

Thanks Ophelia
93e4115cab7a5149a5fa6560d8457184.jpg

Back