Induction Hobs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread was about the buffalo and other commercial induction hobs, everyone originally posting here had some experience with them.

No one was contesting the point as to what type of pan you need, we just all already knew.

I can safely say mine takes my 50litre stainless pan with tri clad bottom full of grain and water no problems, gets to a boil easily and has never cut out while in use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Kman, do you use a pulley or something to pull the bag out? Must be heavy

Just pull it out, try to get in bucket quick so less mess then 7litre batch sparge for 15 min [emoji106] and yes it is heavy roughly the same as my 4 year old

So after receiving my kettle today and getting it all set up I had a quick dry run.

The buffalo got 30L of tap water @12C to 65C in 44 minutes, then on to 100C in another 56 minutes.
I should note the lid was not on throughout and the pot was not insulated, I also had a desk fan blowing the steam out of the window after the 65C step, affecting the vapour pressure and increasing the time taken to get to a boil.
Once it got there it seemed just right! I've no doubt it could've gone on but I stopped the test as I have a recipe kit I'll be brewing at the weekend I can use to determine boiloff etc.
Very happy with the buffalo so far, even if induction isn't suitable for brewing ;)

h345C

Am I right in thinking that the underside of an induction hob doesn't get particularly hot, so I could use it on a kitchen worktop, or a laminate floor?

Am I right in thinking that the underside of an induction hob doesn't get particularly hot, so I could use it on a kitchen worktop, or a laminate floor?
The buffalo has its fan intake on the bottom and it has big rubber feet so I reckon it won't get too hot on any surface as long as it's well ventilated

The buffalo has its fan intake on the bottom and it has big rubber feet so I reckon it won't get too hot on any surface as long as it's well ventilated

Just an observation is the buffalo actually induction or is it ceramic heating. Not seen the awnser to the question that someone has asked in this thread yet as to weather the glass top plate gets hot when it's on load/ heating.

Just an observation is the buffalo actually induction or is it ceramic heating. Not seen the awnser to the question that someone has asked in this thread yet as to weather the glass top plate gets hot when it's on load/ heating.

It’s induction

Definitely induction.

The unit won't work and will beep unless a suitable pan is atop it, and it doesn't get hot.

I've preordered a 10 gallon SS brewtech kettle to use as biab, and to eventually buy a pump and make a malt pipe for it

Would this be any good at all? It says it has a max pan size of 28cm, which is too small, but does the buffalo say something similar?

I have the same kettle and Buffalo hob and it does overhang a little but works great

Back