Bellhaven black

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just messed with some recipe software. Very much guessing but it is quite light for a stout.
22l batch. 1.040 OG, 70% efficiency
4.8 Kg Pale Malt
300g Crystal
300g Chocolate Malt
300g Roast barley
20g Challenger, 60 min boil
Nottingham yeast?

I just messed with some recipe software. Very much guessing but it is quite light for a stout.
22l batch. 1.040 OG, 70% efficiency
4.8 Kg Pale Malt
300g Crystal
300g Chocolate Malt
300g Roast barley
20g Challenger, 60 min boil
Nottingham yeast?

Nice one!
That quick!
Reckon more can contibute with this recipe, don't you think?
Thank pal I appreciate it..
Atb
Bri

Still haven't done the clone...summer ale...all in milk stout and now punk IPA clone (this next week!) if I ever get time...
Mon mams birthday...tues taking wor lass to an work interview....weds the bairns comfermation...thurs hospital...
Looking at fri or Saturday!!
Bri

Think I've had that beer once a while ago but don't remember fully. I get similar figures to Rob, but only 4 kg pale malt to hit the OG at 70%, mash at 68C for 4.3% abv. Personally I might up the choc and roast percentages to get something full black and chocolatey like their website describes. Personal preference and all that. I'd use Wyeast Scottish Ale 1728 but that's because I have it in my fridge and it seems appropriate, otherwise something clean like an american ale yeast?

Back