What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my fourth brew and by far the best. Not sure if this is down to the kit or the fact that it was the first I have done in a trub bath with aquarium heater, which enabled me to hold a very steady fermentation temp. This brew is still very young as I force carbed 6 litres in the tap-a-draft. The rest is naturally carbonating and is going to get to sit for at least a month as I'll be of on holiday soon. Looking forward to see how it improves.
Onwards and upwards as things can only get better.Gets better as you work on it but then the styles tend to have quite a range and processes.Enjoy your hols.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Had an Abbate de Vauclair wheat beer with coriander from LIDL
and currently on the second of my own stout oh I'm forgetting about the three Guinness I had in the Squealing Pig this afternoon.
Love my new glass,jug,beer drinking machine but it's heavy when full.
0ce103c37a6098ea1feb41447ca84b70.jpg
9ee0844d9968126a99a29990e8011b47.jpg

On call so selection is limited... went for an old favourite!
6e6d45cf35824f3a84c0559af5c739c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The last of my wilko wheat beer, followed by the half bottle of evil dog IPA that was left at bottling. Still not sure if I like it, some nights it hits the spot others I am not sure....:-|

On call so selection is limited... went for an old favourite!
6e6d45cf35824f3a84c0559af5c739c4.jpg

Never tried it, what's it like? Last low/ non alcohol beer I tried was beck blue. The hangover was was than the full fat stuff:doh:

Out of curiosity but what happens if you are called after having a beer😋

Nanny state is alcohol free...but bet he smells of it....lol

Drove to a meeting this evening so I chose to drink a couple of pints of Batemans XB made into a shandy; which is about as close to committing heresy as I wish to get.

Paying for a round of drinks I tendered a ten-pound note and actually had the change in my pocket before realising that I had been given the cost of the round (£6.90) instead of the change (£3.10p).

I immediately turned back to the bar and sorted it out with the barmaid but it did trigger the old memory cells!

When I was a lad I worked my summer holidays on the Butlins Amusement Park here in Skegness. August Bank Holiday Monday was "Education Day" when we taught the visitors the relevant make-up of the pound. e.g.

"There are only seven half-crowns in a pound;
and if you didn't believe me, you should count your change."
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Happy Days! :thumb: :thumb:

Never tried it, what's it like? Last low/ non alcohol beer I tried was beck blue. The hangover was was than the full fat stuff:doh:
I like it. It's my go to if on call or if I am on a bit of a health kick. Actually going to try and brew it from DIY Dog.

Out of curiosity but what happens if you are called after having a beer😋

Nothing. They're non-alcoholic. Hence the limited choice. 😉

Nothing. They're non-alcoholic. Hence the limited choice. 😉

Excellent though I hope the taste good.
I used to drink Kaliber years ago if I was a nominated driver and it took some time just to finish it.[emoji481]

I used to drink Kaliber years ago if I was a nominated driver and it took some time just to finish it.[emoji481]

I'm not going to lie... They're not they best beer in the world by a long shot. They are however the best non-alcoholic beer I have tried to date by a country mile.

I'm not going to lie... They're not they best beer in the world by a long shot. They are however the best non-alcoholic beer I have tried to date by a country mile.

It's hard to drink something that although looks like beer just does not have the feel or taste behind it.
I find them really thin and on comparison with water for mouth feel.
I would rather sit with ice water and lemon or fruit infused water as they taste and feel superior.

I remember I tried a Kaliber years ago (didn't Lawrie McMenenenememememy advertise it?) when I was designated driver. I just remember a burnt taste to it.

Bloody nice..yeah thought would like to clone one..
Well you're in luck as I'm going to give this a go so here's a headstart.

Hi Gerry,

Thank you so much for the feedback I have passed it on to our head brewer,

We use:

Pale, Chocolate & Rye Crystal malts

Hops: Mosaic / Summit / Cascade / Amarillo / Citra; dry hopped with Amarillo & Citra

Any other questions drop me a bell,

Cheers

Alex

Sent:*17 March 2017 16:15

Hi Gerry,

Can give you

OG 43.0

AG 9.0

COL 55.0

pH 4.05

ABV 4.40

EBU 43.0

The recipe is confidential and the yeast is Shipyard yeast which has been cultivated from (via 30 years and 3 trips over the Atlantic) Ringwood yeast.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Alex

Enjoy.

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back