Business bodies come together in call for softer Brexit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or let us have 50g of bacca for �£4 instead of the near �£20 we have to pay here. Horrible,robbing bleeders. And they genuinely wonder why so much smuggling goes on and where the tax revenue is going lol.

The extra price you are paying is UK tax not European.

I really cant see how TM and the Conservatives can achieve a hard brexit (no customs union or single market). The DUP have got the Tories by the short and curlies and they dont want a hard brexit as a hard brexit means a hard irish border. The only way I can see a hard brexit is by another general election and either the conservatives get a majority or Labour do (as Labour has a hard brexit in their manifesto to I understand)

We are a full member of the EU. The only thing we didn't do was adopt the currency (the Euro). That has turned out to be one of the best decisions this country has ever made.

I was travelling a bit around Europe after it was introduced and everyone was complaining about the rise in the cost of living.

I voted for one layer less of government.

local 'parish' council - puts up a few hanging baskets. - too local and thus a waste of time.

swansea city council - refuse collection, education etc... useful
welsh assembly - some powers - health (but why)
uk government - tax, defence.
EU - quite far removed from subjects but still has a big impact.

http://www.roadsafetygb.org.uk/news/4072.html

we are IMO over governed and each layer has to be paid for.

We could end up like Belgium!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlwHotpl9DA[/ame]

I was travelling a bit around Europe after it was introduced and everyone was complaining about the rise in the cost of living.

I used to spend a lot of time in Germany, prior to the Euro. Most things were cheaper than in the U.K. - fuel, food, drink, clothing. Not now - the UK is cheaper.

The introduction of the Euro inflated prices right across Europe.

Oh dear. Fears have been raised that we may well be facing a shortage of strawberries this summer due to a lack of migrant workers to pick them. What the hell are we gonna do??

I heard an interesting interview this morning a farmer was saying he couldn't get workers to pick his crop he went on to say the workers come here for a few months pick the crops then go home, next time you hear someone say 'why don't the dole scroungers do the work' tell them because its not a full time job and the only reason the farmer is using foreign workers is because it suits him.

the only reason the farmer is using foreign workers is because it suits him.

Ye I know. What we supposed to do - feel sorry for him while he leaves the interview in his top of the line Range Rover? I was just a little taken aback that the good ol' beeb covered this like it was a matter of grave importance. Just shows how low they'll go. I can't believe they didn't seize the chance to say crops have also suffered cos of climate change whilst they were at it. They rarely miss a trick like that.

I really cant see how TM and the Conservatives can achieve a hard brexit (no customs union or single market). The DUP have got the Tories by the short and curlies and they dont want a hard brexit as a hard brexit means a hard irish border. The only way I can see a hard brexit is by another general election and either the conservatives get a majority or Labour do (as Labour has a hard brexit in their manifesto to I understand)

Not necessarily - whatever type of Brexit we end up with, the border arrangements can be agreed between London and Dublin. Nothing to stop a treaty that creates a border that is only notional, which what I actually hope will happen.

Dunno if anyone cares but Mate runs his own business with care workers.

He has employed a lot of care workers from Romania and Bulgaria, he found it very difficult to recruit them over here and a lot of people do not want to do the job here or turn their nose up at it. He found them accommodation and everything. This was the answer and would allow his business to thrive for 400 hours a week.

Unfortunately he has had a horrendous amount of trouble with the EU care workers appalling attitudes to other team members and not turning up to care for people who need it.. one he even put up who worked in his office and did a runner on him.. back to the drawing board for him on that one he feels totally burnt by spending a lot of time recruiting and bending over backwards for them..

Dunno if anyone cares but Mate runs his own business with care workers.

He has employed a lot of care workers from Romania and Bulgaria, he found it very difficult to recruit them over here and a lot of people do not want to do the job here or turn their nose up at it. He found them accommodation and everything. This was the answer and would allow his business to thrive for 400 hours a week.

Unfortunately he has had a horrendous amount of trouble with the EU care workers appalling attitudes to other team members and not turning up to care for people who need it.. one he even put up who worked in his office and did a runner on him.. back to the drawing board for him on that one he feels totally burnt by spending a lot of time recruiting and bending over backwards for them..

This is the area I work in, and I'm afraid to say, you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Good renumeration goes hand in hand with motivation. Care wokers arent very well valued so dont get payed very well. So it doesnt surprise me motivation isnt high. Minimum wage jobs arent hard to find(in large cities anyway), affordable accomodation is the problem, so if your on minimum wages you can sack off a job one day and get another the next

This is the area I work in, and I'm afraid to say, you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Good renumeration goes hand in hand with motivation. Care wokers arent very well valued so dont get payed very well. So it doesnt surprise me motivation isnt high. Minimum wage jobs arent hard to find(in large cities anyway), affordable accomodation is the problem, so if your on minimum wages you can sack off a job one day and get another the next

My missus worked for years as an 'employed' senior carer for agencies and got sod-all for long and unsocial hours. Then she went private and got quite a bit for not a lot. Then she got fed up and relies on me. At least I don't have to lift a finger around the house or garden ( except tending to my hops). It's ace!

Just look at em on the telly news. Stood there outside H of P in their suits, slavering and talking b******s about work and jobs and the common man blah blah blah. I'm sick to death of them blathering on. They can do what they like re: brexit now for me. They will do anyway.

Eyes to the right nose to the left etc. Why don't these freaks grow up, get a job and let someone, anyone who knows what they're talking about take over.

Chukkaclukka Ummableedinmumma knows what's best for me? Gimme a break. I'm gonna join a commune away from these miscreants. Lentils may be an acquired taste but they say marmite is too and I like that. Now there's some dope in a suit on with a strategy for bringing communities 'back together'. **** orrrrrrrrrfff!!! I need to throw the teevee out and calm down. If this is followed by some berk on about climate change I'm gonna explode.

But Norman Lamont tried to. But we got caned trying to synchronise with the erm

Here is a bloke that likes to synchronise with the erm

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwFD8SthOHg[/ame]

Back