Diane Abbott: My views on IRA, like my hair, have changed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think with the 'snug' ul always get the odd rancid rant. It's like watching a satire quiz show. If u muted everyone's risqué comments (childish as they may be) you'd only have one type of audience. Ones that like milky cups of tea before afternoon naps and proud owners of 'ever decreasing circles' box sets
I agree entirely :thumb:
Trouble is, the unfunny **** I referred to in this thread was just that, not risque in the slightest.

I used to think that this Forum was, in the main, a friendly place to be and views were reasonably balanced. However some of the unfunny **** that is being spouted on here about Diane Abbott is beyond belief, much as I personally don't like her, never have. I think we are much more than a bunch of beer swilling tossers with stupid things to say. So please get a grip of what you post.

I always make allowances on this site as it is a home brew site and people may have had a beer or two before posting, or if it was posted in the morning, a hangover.

Exactly! If it was a real snug in a real pub would we all have been thrown out as many times as threads have been shut down!?
No we wouldn't.
But whilst some comments might be acceptable when said in semi-private within a small group with people you know in the corner of a pub, the same comments are perhaps not acceptable when in print for the world and his wife to see on tinterweb.
The quality of our Forum is out there for all to see and some members even wear our Forum teeshirts with some pride when out and about, or like to be known to be a member. But if our Forum is viewed as a place for beer swilling tossers to say stupid offensive things that rather takes the shine off it.
I don't offend easily, if you knew me personally you would realise that, but I do have personal standards I adhere to, whether I've had a beer or not. Others don't seem to be so choosy

I apologise if a comment I made earlier caused offence. It was posted when I was not in my best state of mind. I would just edit it to smething else but its been quoted so it wont get rid of it.

I used to think that this Forum was, in the main, a friendly place to be and views were reasonably balanced. However some of the unfunny **** that is being spouted on here about Diane Abbott is beyond belief, much as I personally don't like her, never have. I think we are much more than a bunch of beer swilling tossers with stupid things to say. So please get a grip of what you post.

I do hope my comment about diane abbot and sours has not offended thee.

I do have that look on my face after a boon oude geuze :eek: maybe on reflection it looks like she's just drunk a Fos***s

That's hard to watch. Funny but bloody annoying at the same time. The idea that she is making a good living of the public is truly sickening. I sincerely hate her and I feel I am not alone.

its hard knowing shes gone to bed over 500 quid richer tonight isn't it. its even more heart wrenching to know (after this latest bomb blast of a statement) that she wears a wig

I hate her too she makes me feel sick , with her superior patronising attitude. How the hell she as got to this position i dont know its not through, working class policy, attitude , intelligence, charisma and personality. Shes not even likeable. and looks like a Water Buffalo
how?slept her way to the bottom of the labour cesspit that's how.horrible two faced racist of a poor politician

Wow,just read this thread,some pretty strong views and some very vile trash talk,a bit embarrassing to be honest for anyone visiting the site for the first time.
I for one make no apologies she and her leader and jon McDonnell the Marxist are whats wrong with the party of the working classes and hope they get annihilated on Thursday so we can get some real working class politicians back in the party

That's fair enough and perfectly acceptable but some of it has got personal and out of hand in my eyes,just my opinion though and everyone is entitled to theirs.

I for one make no apologies she and her leader and jon McDonnell the Marxist are whats wrong with the party of the working classes and hope they get annihilated on Thursday so we can get some real working class politicians back in the party

They'll be a lot less support for labour now. As soon as she opens her mouth you can envisage seats lost .

I've not much time at all for her as a politician. She's not credible, simple as that.

I don't know what she's like as a person.

Some of the 'banter' on this forum is really quite horrible. A few people come across as bitter, spiteful and backward.

When she was on the politics show with Andrew Neil and Portillo she had a much sharper mind than this.
Not sure what's happened to her, confidence gone?
Maybe she just got lazy because she is used to just being surrounded by others who just speak in slogans, so there has been no need to learn the detail, up until now that is.

Wow,just read this thread,some pretty strong views and some very vile trash talk,a bit embarrassing to be honest for anyone visiting the site for the first time.

Some of the 'banter' on this forum is really quite horrible. A few people come across as bitter, spiteful and backward.

In case anyone reading this is unaware you have a means of reporting posts (see below) as all the moderators are rarely online at the same time using the report link will alert moderators in the moderators area where the offending post/posts can be discussed and action taken if deemed necessary.

wwwwwwww.jpg

Thanks Chippy but I don't like reporting anyone, everyone is entitled to their own views I guess,it's just not what I'm used to on this site.
Tell you what though,she certainly causes people to voice their thoughts

I'm honestly not trying to be funny or mock what is a terrible disease, but the more I see of Diane Abbott, I am seriously starting to wonder if she's in the very early stages of dementia. It's something I've seen before and the way she talks and vacantly looks at the interviewer after being asked a question, just makes me wonder.

I'm honestly not trying to be funny or mock what is a terrible disease, but the more I see of Diane Abbott, I am seriously starting to wonder if she's in the very early stages of dementia. It's something I've seen before and the way she talks and vacantly looks at the interviewer after being asked a question, just makes me wonder.

Or an alcoholic.

Back