The Home Brew Company

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeastinfection

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just wanted to express my appreciation for THBC,
ordered 3 lots of AG brews on monday,
it has just arrived,
its well wrapped in a heavy duty cardboard box and well taped up.
ive opened it to inspect and all 3 brews are present and correct, all 3 are clearly labelled with nice clear instructions, one has even come with a bag for dry hopping.

this may not seem like a big deal, but i have used other suppliers before where the box was open on arrival cause it was poorly packaged and others that have contents missing or very poor instructions.
so "Big UP" (i think thats the correct saying in todays modern world)
to The Home Brew Company,,i shall be useing you again,

I've used them a few times. Agreed they are ace, along with their clear instructions for their ag kits.

Well packaged

I've used them and will use them again, but have to disagree with the "well packaged": their hops for kits don't come vacuum packed so you have to use them pretty sharpish, and I've had some hops in kits that seemed old/stale.

Can't argue with the prices. My other preferred supplier is more expensive but doesn vacuum pack all hops.

I've used them and will use them again, but have to disagree with the "well packaged": their hops for kits don't come vacuum packed so you have to use them pretty sharpish, and I've had some hops in kits that seemed old/stale.

Can't argue with the prices. My other preferred supplier is more expensive but doesn vacuum pack all hops.

I was referring to the external packaging. Good point on the hops though.

Admittedly I've only had 2 ag kits from them, but both times the hops were vacuum sealed, albeit in clear plastic bags.

HBC, Geterbrewed and Malt Miller are all excellent. We're pretty lucky to have the selection of good retailers we do. If only they all used DPD. Malt Miller gets bonus points in that respect.

Crossmyloof are fantastic too.

HBC, Geterbrewed and Malt Miller are all excellent. We're pretty lucky to have the selection of good retailers we do. If only they all used DPD. Malt Miller gets bonus points in that respect.

Crossmyloof are fantastic too.

Both Geterbrewed AND the Home Brew Company use DPD for National deliveries in Ireland north and south.Surprised it isn't the same over the water as they even text you for your hourly slot on delivery as I use them both.Great service on both accounts and prices too.

Geterbrewed use Parcelforce for mainland unfortunately. DPD are streets ahead of them.

The service you get from DPD/PF is entirely reliant on your region/ the driver you get on the day. They're all prone to leaving cards without even knocking.

I always use HBC, they use DPD in my area, the service both from HBC & DPD is always fantastic, a number of times I have had to contact HBC due to accidentally ordering a malt crushed as aposed to whole so I can crush my own (orders have been ammended and the correct item was sent), Shane always replies to email very promptly and the orders always arrive very quickly.

:clap: Congratulations HBC...............

Yep HBC use DPD here as well. In fact I've got an order of grain and hops due for delivery today [emoji2]

The service you get from DPD/PF is entirely reliant on your region/ the driver you get on the day. They're all prone to leaving cards without even knocking.

With DPD you can track your order 'live' and see to the second when it will arrive / what number drop you are and exactly where the driver is at any given moment. Dunno if PF do that too but I've never seen it. Whenever I order anything online and see that DPD is the courier, my confidence in it arriving intact and on time is assured. As for the HBC, I can echo the comments made here - pretty damn good.

They're prices are brilliant too. I've even noticed some hops are cheaper than crossmyloof. If u order a nice big order it makes up for the postage.
Great delivery time too

They're prices are brilliant too. I've even noticed some hops are cheaper than crossmyloof. If u order a nice big order it makes up for the postage.
Great delivery time too
They also do good deals on refurbished corny kegs for those interested.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

One delivery from HBC. That should keep me going for a while!

30d7c8bcd278bc915c376080c7d52626.jpg

Latest posts

Back