Raspberry TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigeck

Tight Ass Jock
Reaction score
I couldn't hold myself back any longer!

I couldn't find any Lowicz syrup in Lidl or Aldi so today visited my local Polish shop and it was a veritable Aladdin's cave. I shall have to visit again.

3.2ltr Lidl AJ
200ml strong tea
2/3 bottle Herbapol raspberry (alternative to Lowicz), saved the rest for bottling as per Roddy
1ltr cold water
Pecto, nutrient and yeast.

Starting temp 24deg
SG 1.055

My study where I keep my batches is a little warm as it's just off the conservatory but considering the Scottish climate I'll take my chances.

I have not bothered with SG for a long time but can see the importance now so will endeavour to keep measuring. Similarly have thermometers now to keep an eye on the temp.

My friends have generously offered their services to taste test anything I produce. Strange how the prospect of lots of free booze does that to folks. :whistle:

Good work chief 😀

That'll be a punchy brew at around 7.5% abv once you've primed it 😵 Should do the trick though.

I'm sure I've used one if the herbapol syrups too, or thought about it at least 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Update.

I have this primed with the balance of the syrup and bottled in old PET lemonade bottles. Nice strong raspberry taste which I prefer.

They are firming up nicely and hoping this will be ready for drinking in another couple of days.

A big hit.

2ltr gone last night and everybody liked it. I may have left secondary fermentation go on a tad too long as it fizzed up all over the place even though chilled.

I'll definitely be making this again.

I couldn't hold myself back any longer!

I couldn't find any Lowicz syrup in Lidl or Aldi so today visited my local Polish shop and it was a veritable Aladdin's cave. I shall have to visit again.

3.2ltr Lidl AJ
200ml strong tea
2/3 bottle Herbapol raspberry (alternative to Lowicz), saved the rest for bottling as per Roddy
1ltr cold water
Pecto, nutrient and yeast.

Starting temp 24deg
SG 1.055

My study where I keep my batches is a little warm as it's just off the conservatory but considering the Scottish climate I'll take my chances.

I have not bothered with SG for a long time but can see the importance now so will endeavour to keep measuring. Similarly have thermometers now to keep an eye on the temp.

My friends have generously offered their services to taste test anything I produce. Strange how the prospect of lots of free booze does that to folks. :whistle:

WHat type of yeast did you use ? Different strains bring out different flavours etc and muddy or practically hide others

The Wilko general yeast.

I hadn't really considered the yeast as changing the flavour much. I will need to experiment more with yeast types.

Final clarity was excellent. If there is anything I can do to retain the flavour of the raspberry I'll consider it.

Back