Too hot to brew?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfempty

Reaction score
Last week l bottled my first ever brew ( Coopers stout), and am itching to start another but is it too hot.
The coolest room in the house averaged 23c yesterday but got up to 25c.

Thanks
Andy.

It is a bit hot to brew. Try placing a thermometer on the floor of the coolest room in your house and see what that it, that's what I plan to do. And if you get a garden trug, fill it with water and place your FV in there, that will even out the temp variations and hopefully won't get too hot.

I quite often stop brewing at this time of year and resume in late Aug when the overall temps are a little cooler.

I brew whatever the weather. It falls cool at night; the beer ends up somewhere inbetween the minima and maxima, not the upper-end of ambient. My current brew, without any interference from me, has been at a rock-solid 21C for 12 days.

Last week l bottled my first ever brew ( Coopers stout), and am itching to start another but is it too hot.
The coolest room in the house averaged 23c yesterday but got up to 25c.

Thanks
Andy.

Get yourself down wilko and buy some 'wilko ale yeast' which is Nottingham/G12 buy another name. I had it up to about 27C last week without any negative impact

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71768

Latest posts

Back