Beer kits to brew in 2017

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

I currently have admirals revenge fermenting, Scottish export Fermenting and also a woodfordes sundew Fermenting, they should be due to bottle in another 3 weeks.

The beer I will be brewing in 2017 will be
all the woodfordes kits and I am going to see if I can get round to doing all the st peters as well, finishing off with the stouts and porters towards the end of the year in time for next xmas.

I hope this helps

Big d 2657
I brewed all the Woodfordes kits, except Headcracker, last year. They're all good. But I decided some are VERY good. It's all down to personal taste I guess, but my favourites listed in order, excellent to good.

Wherry
Nog
Sundew
Admiral's Reserve
Nelson'Revenge

I added a little DME to each of them and corbonated with DME too.

They were all at their best after 3 months + that's the worst thing - keeping your mits off it that long....

Let us know how yours turn out.

For the first 6 months since taking up kit brewing I've been honing my skills on Coopers kits.

I've had a St Peter's Ruby Red Ale kit for xmas and after having success with their Honey Porter I am looking forward to it. I may even try their Mocha Porter.

I have tasted early my first lager which was Coopers European Lager and whilst it's cold I plan to build up my stock ready for Summer. Likewise I plan to experiment with a cider on the advice of my LHBS owner....so any suggestions for lager and cider kits would be gratefully received :thumb:

Another target for me is to try add hops to kits. Not been brave enough yet :)

I have a couple of the discontinued wilko wheat beer 2 can kits left which I bought when they were on offer. 1 I'll brew straight and the other add raspberries. Of the kits I have made so far I like the youngs nws the most with golden stag being a close second. So they'll definitely be going on soon. Also I'm going to experiment with a couple of kits but use saison yeast, once I sort out a brew fridge/ heater.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I also have a fv in the brew fridge that's almost done .......... woooo more beer

IMG_0616.jpg

I brewed all the Woodfordes kits, except Headcracker, last year. They're all good. But I decided some are VERY good. It's all down to personal taste I guess, but my favourites listed in order, excellent to good.

Wherry
Nog
Sundew
Admiral's Reserve
Nelson'Revenge

I added a little DME to each of them and corbonated with DME too.

They were all at their best after 3 months + that's the worst thing - keeping your mits off it that long....

Let us know how yours turn out.

When you say you added a little DME to each brew, can you give me an idea of how much you added? Thanks.

When you say you added a little DME to each brew, can you give me an idea of how much you added? Thanks.
Brewed the Admirals first & added 150gms to the full brew (32 pints-ish), then 2.5gms per 500ml bottle at carbonation stage (no sugar). It came out VERY full bodied malty. I like a 'chewy' malty beer, but this was perhaps a little too much for some.
Then I brewed the Sundew with just 100gms added to 23 ltrs and 2.5gms per 500ml carbonation, it was a better result IMO.
All the brews from then on - 100gms in 23 litres & 2.5gms for carbonation instead of sugar.
They all took much longer to ferment out than the instructions said.
The Nog took 5 weeks! But, I did add the DME plus a tin of black treacle and a bar of Bournville plain chocolate....came out good too, but not enough chocolate to really notice. In my boyish enthusiasm, I'd hoped it would come out like Youngs Double Chocolate Stout.......no chance......!:doh:

I've just ordered a Festival Father Hooks Best Bitter kit
and I've a Beerworks Sheepdog's Pride Suffolk Bitter on the shelf, so plenty to keep me occupied.....

Latest posts

Back