Not for the Faint Hearted :shock:

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleman

Regular.
Reaction score
Ok My Easter Sunday was spent making some modifications to the Kegereezer.

The first mod was to replace my Custom Controller with a Forttex TC-10 . . . Mine is getting unreliable . . . it has started to stick on either cooling (Can't dispense beer at -18C) or Heating . . . . . I don't like beer at 35C . . . . And the smell while trying to reduce the temperature in the Kegereezer (with the lid open was unbelievable. I also wanted to replace the Wood Tap support for an aluminium plate . . . but two things prevented this . . Firstly I couldn't find my 20mm Hole saw and arbour :hmm: :hmm: . . . But when I started to remove the kegs from the kegereezer I realised that I had a problem . . . .

Now this is not for the faint hearted . . . . Vossy I suggest You look away now

This is what happens when you have leaky poppet valves in your kegs

Don't Look Vossy

ScuzziKegereezer.jpg

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Looks very similar to a bit of my garage floor seeing as I seem to have sprung some leaks from some where, Strange thing is I have moved the cornies and they have been in the same place for 2 days now and not a sighn of any leaking beer....

Still have to clean the floor though :sick:

You could have used some help I guess today...

ka.jpg

That's just an evil ugly mess which would make me throw the whole keggerator away and buy new rather than clean it!

pah! that's not a mess! My mate's bait freezer failed, only he didn't know about it for a few weeks until he had cause to go into the shed to get some bait for an impending fishing trip - kilos and kilos of warm, rotting fish :sick:

I had the same when I found that my chest freezer had broken down. With two severly decomposed rabbits in it.

Worra whiff.

hmmm - my old upright freezer was a bit unreliable, and took a long time to cool back down after a power cut - there were 3 pheasants in there that had been hung and prepared, and were there for safe keeping until a suitable event, but when I checked them after the freezer malfunction the smell was so bad I had to lob them - what a waste!!! :evil:

Back