Brewnight: Blueberry TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a 5l batch of this on last Friday - just done an SG and it's 1.002. That's fermented in super quick time.
Had a taste and it is quite nice isn't it. Very subtle on the Blueberry but nice and fresh.
Will bottle up on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if i was primed with some blueberry juice when bottling then it might just come out with more blueberry flavour ?

see how much sugar is in a carton of blueberry juice and then put it at the bottom of your bottling barrel then it will disperse with ease , give a few whirl wind moments with a stirrer and boom

what do you think @roddy@

Don't think there's enough sugar in the blueberry for priming.. 9g per 100ml ?

Bottled 😀 with 300g of sugar

63e338a1fe3f38a8c23d0ee2c0d7fef7.jpg

Had a cheeky taste while bottling, tasting very very nice... high hopes for this one 😃

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hmm had a pre-opening tonight and a bit disappointing at this stage, pretty flat

It was sitting in primary for a week or so longer than usual, so it was already clearing by the time I bottled it, but that shouldn't make that much difference.

Might just have to be patient for another week or so 😯

Hmm had a pre-opening tonight and a bit disappointing at this stage, pretty flat

It was sitting in primary for a week or so longer than usual, so it was already clearing by the time I bottled it, but that shouldn't make that much difference.

Might just have to be patient for another week or so [emoji54]

I'm a week in front of you mate. Should I crack one to see how it looks ?

I'm a week in front of you mate. Should I crack one to see how it looks ?

If you are impatient like me.... yes 😃

I had some placcy bottles so I kind of new they weren't rock solid but getting there

If you are impatient like me.... yes [emoji2]

I had some placcy bottles so I kind of new they weren't rock solid but getting there

For the sake of forum "sharemanship" I'm willing to interrupt my supping of a strawberry WOW on the grounds of research ! Give me 5 [emoji106]

If you are impatient like me.... yes [emoji2]

[ame]https://vimeo.com/193108526[/ame]

She's got life !!
This one is a little sweet - but I think that's because I only did a 5l and probably chucked in too much of that cider yeast !

Quaffable though for sure [emoji106][emoji106]

That's looking very good mate, how much sugar didn't you prime with ?

Thanks for putting my mind at rest haha

That's looking very good mate, how much sugar didn't you prime with ?

Thanks for putting my mind at rest haha

I bottle primed - good teaspoon of sugar (500ml) bottles.

My pleasure hic !

Ah should be about the same as mine then 😃

Ah should be about the same as mine then 😃

Did you not want to batch prime ?

I just ask as I have never batch primed and see a lot of people still prime each bottle

Prime 50 bottles ? No thanks mate 😯

I batch prime all my tc's.... I only do 25L batches though 😃😃😃

Did you not want to batch prime ?

I just ask as I have never batch primed and see a lot of people still prime each bottle

I'm learning as I go .. but always bottle prime 5L batches as easy but follow Roddy's advice now on batch priming 25l jobbies.

Oh oh don't take my advice now hehe 😂

I accept that [emoji6]

Come to think of it matey - you should be held accountable for much more :

Mrs AK - complaining that my brews are taking over the house (aka just following Roddy's recipes !)

Mrs AK complaining the dishwasher is full of bottles ! (Aka just prepping for bottling one of Roddy's recipes)

Mrs AK complaining of hangover (AKA drinking too much of Roddy's cider recipe brews )

Mrs AK complaining of my snoring (AKA PvT_AK drinking too much Wow and cider)

What do you have to say for yourself ?!

Haha, not too much mate, Mrs Roddy is usually first to bed, semi comatose with my latest wow haha

Bad luck with that 😄

Mrs Roddy would bitch all the more if she didn't drink more of my wows that i do haha

Might just have to be patient for another week or so [emoji54]

Have you tried since Roddy ?

Yes had a bottle tonight and moved the batch of bottles from the warm cupboard to the cooler under stairs one.

It's weird, the pet bottles are quite firm but they're still flat as a witches t*t 😢. Just a hint of a pffft when opening

They taste alright but a bit more fizz would have gone a long way. They should perk up if left for a bit (usually my main problem haha)

Have you sampled another of yours yet ?

Latest posts

Back