Brewnight: Pomegranate WOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Evening all

So....

6L Asda red grape
3L Asda apple
9L Asda Pomegranate juice
1L strong tea (5 x roiboos t-bags)
3keys tate & lyle
5tsp pectolase
4tsp youngs super wine yeast compound

How to... (coopers loose fit top, 30L fv)
2L AJ in
Sugar in
Kettleful of boiling water in
Rest of juice in
Pectolase (dissolved in cup of warm water) in
Tea in
Top up with cold tap water to 25L
Temp 22 degree
SG 1.085 (est about 12.45% at FG 0.990)
Sprinkle yeast on top
Bung in cupboard

Sorted 😀

67ad594d8f0fef5351dffadb4f262e6c.jpg

98729f6955a5ce0e9a02721e9428e7b5.jpg

d99f664be1dda1f59b31831f74ba970d.jpg

And my 'helpers'

c97baffc04f6d58324df14b5de853086.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

price of pomegranate juice you can buy a decent red its more expensive than red wine on the shelves.

And my 'helpers'

c97baffc04f6d58324df14b5de853086.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

So this is how Roddy gets his recipes !!! Knew he had secret recipe developers ! Wonka style !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roddy always sets his kids useful math's problems e.g.

If 20 litres of apple juice containing 95g/ltr of sugar is added to 3 x 440ml Lowicz juice with 250g of sugar per bottle how high can I get the alcohol content in cider. LoL

Roddy always sets his kids useful math's problems e.g.

If 20 litres of apple juice containing 95g/ltr of sugar is added to 3 x 440ml Lowicz juice with 250g of sugar per bottle how high can I get the alcohol content in cider. LoL
Now you might be onto something here 😃

This is a good problem to set.

Alcohol is removed from dads body at a rate of 0.016% per hour. There is 0.160% in dads body, how long must you not disturb him on Saturday and Sunday mornings. lol :lol:

Nice labelling on the teabags Roddy. Be interested to see how this gets on. Is there no regular teabags in this brew?

Nice labelling on the teabags Roddy. Be interested to see how this gets on. Is there no regular teabags in this brew?

They are used because of they're antibacterial properties I believe

Yip, just the redbush ones matey, no caffeine in sight !

What do you add to it then once fermentation is complete ?

I'm intending to still stop it with Potassium Sorbate and use finings, I was just using the redbush to avoid campdens (crushing them is my pet hate :mrgreen: )

I let it ferment out to 0.990, so wont bother with k.sorbate, unless it doesn't complete, which I doubt. I hadn't made this blend before so can't comment on flavour, but it's colour is lighter than the 3 ltr red grape and 2ltr red grape/1ltr bluberry wows I've made. @Dublin12 nothing is added at end.

Will try this at next go - a sorbate free wine could be great for me as if I have any wine I wake up after 3-4 hours sleep max and then can't get back to sleep again.

I let it ferment out to 0.990, so wont bother with k.sorbate, unless it doesn't complete, which I doubt. I hadn't made this blend before so can't comment on flavour, but it's colour is lighter than the 3 ltr red grape and 2ltr red grape/1ltr bluberry wows I've made. @Dublin12 nothing is added at end.
Interesting... I've always put wine stopper in, even when it's fermented out to 0.990

I missed it out of one of my early attempts at a wow and couldn't get it to clear, so assumed that was why, and have used it ever since.

Interesting... I've always put wine stopper in, even when it's fermented out to 0.990

I missed it out of one of my early attempts at a wow and couldn't get it to clear, so assumed that was why, and have used it ever since.

You don't need a stopper if a wine has reached 0.990, using such prevents secondary. If you top up with fruit juice like with your ciders then continue using stopper.

You don't need a stopper if a wine has reached 0.990, using such prevents secondary. If you top up with fruit juice like with your ciders then continue using stopper.
Cool, I don't do anything with the wines I make after primary has finished, apart from rack, add stabiliser and finings, then bottle....

I'll try leaving out the sorbate on this one and see what happens 😀

Latest posts

Back