Where to store beer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigd2657

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick question, I have recently had to take down my garden shed as I am waiting till june to get an all singing all dancing one with built in electrics.:whistle:

I am still new to brewing and wondered if all the brews I am doing this month and next month will they be okay to store in the loft as if they are outside they are all going to get wet and full of slug trails.:doh:

This being the case they will probably be stored in the loft over all the summer period will the bottles cope with that.

All answers greatly appreciated.:lol:

Thanks

Big D 2657:mrgreen:

I've got 50 bottles in the loft at the moment :thumb:

You could always pop them in polystyrene boxes to prevent sudden temp changes of it gets a bit warm up there in the summer daytime. My loft seems to stay pretty cool all year round.

My loft is like an oven in the summer, I've got a small gym up there and by Christ it gets sweaty! On the other hand this time of year is blimmin cold so ideal for beer

hi,

If it is to hot in the summer then will it cause any damage to my beer after it has has conditioned in the cold.

Cheers Big D 2657

Back