Make your own beer (IPA)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willycoolj

Regular.
Reaction score
Just put this in fermenting vessel

I used the following ingredients

1.8kg beer kit
400g dextrose
600g medium spray malt
454g holland & Barrett malt extract
125g malto-dextrin
Plus Top fermenting kit yeast

25g Apollo hop pellets to add on day 7

OG 1.052
c7c3516f72999a5380ec6ca0d2ea435f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25g Apollo hop pellets to add on day 7
I would let SG bottom out, let the beer start to clear, then add at least a couple of days before you add the hops. That is very likely to be longer than 7 days. I would leave hops in for about six days the last two in the cold. You should then get clearer beer going in your bottles and you will lose less of the hop volatile oils which you are trying to put into the beer via the dry hop. :thumb:

I would let SG bottom out, let the beer start to clear, then add at least a couple of days before you add the hops. That is very likely to be longer than 7 days. I would leave hops in for about six days the last two in the cold. You should then get clearer beer going in your bottles and you will lose less of the hop volatile oils which you are trying to put into the beer via the dry hop. :thumb:

Thanks might look at doing that

Be interested to hear how this comes out as I was looking at/considering one of these the other day. It strikes me that it may be the same as Mangrove Jacks Craft IPA as the description on the pouch is word for word and has extremely similar packaging style ... but who knows!
https://www.saveur-biere.co.uk/kit-de-biere/8630-mangrove-jack-s-craft-series-ipa.html

Be worthwhile getting a kit from there and adding same ingredients to see what happens

...should have called it 3W....when the outlaw comes round show her the beer you made from her present and that 3W stands for "the three lots of willamette hops " in the brew.....but you can have a private joke because it really means....Wicked Witch of the West!

Cheers

Clint

Be interested to hear how this comes out as I was looking at/considering one of these the other day. It strikes me that it may be the same as Mangrove Jacks Craft IPA as the description on the pouch is word for word and has extremely similar packaging style ... but who knows!
https://www.saveur-biere.co.uk/kit-de-biere/8630-mangrove-jack-s-craft-series-ipa.html

Im sure theres a thread somewhere which confirms the range make your own kits are the same rebranded as hambledon bard better brew kits ?

Id be interested to know if it is the same as the mangrove jacks craft ipa as i just purchased one from HBC it is a 2.2kg pouch with yeast no hops for dry hopping.

Cheers
Huw

...should have called it 3W....when the outlaw comes round show her the beer you made from her present and that 3W stands for "the three lots of willamette hops " in the brew.....but you can have a private joke because it really means....Wicked Witch of the West!

Cheers

Clint

Cheers

Clint

That sounds good, she's from Weston super mare , so wicked witch of Weston lol

Back