Fermentation - location & temperature

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJT

Reaction score
I will start by saying I am a newbie. I havent home brewed yet but I will be buying the Coopers Home brew kit in the next few days. I have been researching what is required and it looks easy enough but I am hoping you guys can confirm something for me.

I know that the wort temperature ideally needs to be between 71 and 77 before adding the yeast, but once it has been added what temperature does it need to ferment at, and where do you guys store it? I live in Scotland and the summer temp can range for 55 to 75 in the same day so I want to confirm if there is a min and max temp that it needs to ferment at and whether it should remain at a consistent temperature.

cheers guys :cheers:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405620929.499209.jpgthis is my setup by no means a brew fridge but achievable by most. I try now for 18c but the key is I try to stay within 1-2 c constantly no shocks.

Oh and a fish tank heater for the cold nights. Ther is normally more water but one FV went to the bottling bucket

Back