help with first extract brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loverlovell-08

Reaction score
Hey guys, -ve just about finished primary fermenting my first lager extract beer, and I'm quite please so far with the aroma :) I've read a lot about lagers needing secondary conditioning before bottling but since I'm on a tight budget can I get away with leaving the lager in primary for an extra week or so? Does it have to have this stage or can I bottle now, then lager in the cold in the bottles? also does dry hopping make a huge difference? If so will using nothern brewer hops be ok to do this with? I used these hops to boil. Sorry for all the questions just want to get it as nice as possible! all answers appreciated,
Alexx :drink:

hi loverlovell i cant advise on largering as i have no experience of it but i can confirm that dry hopping makes the world of difference to aroma i have been doing it for a while now with excellent results, i belive any type of hop will do just a matter of personal preferance

Back