Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > General Beer Brewing Equipment Discussion > best keg system

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 16-09-2017, 03:21 PM   #31
Fil

Liked 798 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 26

skid marks from the rubber bases of cornies are a pita, if considering servicing/cleaning the keg in the bath, do so on a non slip bath mat or you will be scrubbing the tyre marks out for days.. my solution has been to do all things corny cleaning out on the patio, and sit the keg on a tray when filling,,

I had to google the product you used and tbh i dont know how long that would stand upto a full keg dropping a few inches onto a hard floor time n time again.

a rubber paint product or perhaps a silicone from a tube could be sculpted over if you have a need to keep floors pristine where kegs will sit for serving?

Old 16-09-2017, 03:25 PM   #32
Fil

as long as the dip tube reaches into the centre base dimple all is good..

Old 17-09-2017, 08:31 AM   #33
ninja_geeze

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fil View Post
skid marks from the rubber bases of cornies are a pita, if considering servicing/cleaning the keg in the bath, do so on a non slip bath mat or you will be scrubbing the tyre marks out for days.. my solution has been to do all things corny cleaning out on the patio, and sit the keg on a tray when filling,,

I had to google the product you used and tbh i dont know how long that would stand upto a full keg dropping a few inches onto a hard floor time n time again.

a rubber paint product or perhaps a silicone from a tube could be sculpted over if you have a need to keep floors pristine where kegs will sit for serving?
it was more from the top rubber that i noticed the black coming off all over tbh.
i will see how it goes with the 2 coatings of autoglym rubber care i have put on it..

Old 17-09-2017, 09:31 AM   #34
Godsdog

Liked 627 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 329

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_geeze View Post
Ok keg arrived looks in decent condition no dents or any real scratches as such .it was sold as A grade recondition.a couple of newbie keg questions,1. this is the first keg i have seen with a straight dip tube all the ones i have seen on you tube have a curved tube.2 .how the hell you you stop the black rubber coming off everywhere when you wash it down ,the cloth ended up black .for now ive given it a coat of autoglym rubber treatment see if that will help.i guess its just very old rubber degrading over the years.okay i know it does not affect the beer but makes a bloody mess,more complaints from her indoors me thinks
Yep I got 3 and the black coming off them is a right pita,may look at something similar to what you're doing with it
ninja_geeze Likes This 
Old 17-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #35
pms67

Liked 694 Times on 516 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fil View Post

Skid marks are never good 😳

Old 17-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #36
ninja_geeze

i have seen some rubber paint that may be worth 20 mins or so to coat the rubber.
will sort it properly may try that.

Old 19-09-2017, 04:18 PM   #37
ninja_geeze

yeh found some co2 ,someone on here said ask a local pub,a buddy i new had a old friend with a pub not too far from me .i am off to collect a cylinder on Saturday £20
thanks to Alside101 for the idea

Old 19-09-2017, 05:48 PM   #38
Alside101

Liked 49 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 28

glad to be of help

Old Today, 11:10 AM   #39
Steve62

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve62 View Post
They won't deliver to me as I live outside their area, I have to go to Rugby to collect it, i'm going to have a chat with the pub landlady here and see if she'll order an extra bottle for me
Spoke to the Pub landlady last night, she ordered me a 6.35KG there and then, they use 60/40 bottles, I assume this will be ok for home use too?

FV 1...Wilco real ale kit
FV 2...
DJ 1...Rhubarb wine

CONDITIONING

Wilco newkie brown
Coopers Irish stout
Coopers draught
Coopers real ale
John Bull IPA
On the rocks Raspberry & lime cider

DRINKING

Shop bought for now
Norfolk79 Likes This 
Old Today, 01:53 PM   #40
Fil

check, but i think you will need a mixed gas regulator to use a mixed gas bottle.