wine buddy sauvignon blanc

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stopsign

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have just taken my wine buddy sauvignon blanc from the fv and put into 5 litre plastic bottles ready to transfer through my filter before bottling, just thought I would have a crafty taste and yuk, as soon as it hits the roof of the mouth it is bitter, any ideas as to why this is.

Bill

Hi chippy,

Yes I had all the packages and followed to the letter, possible needs time to mature slightly, it is drinkable but not as nice as I have had with other kits.

Bill

Hi Chippy,

I have just had a small taste of that saugignon blanc and it tastes slightly better than it did 2 days ago but it still has that warming feeling when I swallow, could it a chemical.

Bill

Hi Chippy,

Yes Cantina, Australian Blend and the odd Beaverdale, Mainly Chardonnay though.
I'll put the Sauvignon blanc in my storeroom and give it a couple of weeks before I try it again.

Many thanks

Bill

Hi Chippy,

Yes Cantina, Australian Blend and the odd Beaverdale, Mainly Chardonnay though.

I thought you meant other Sav blanc kits and you were comparing this to more expensive ones and this one is inferior.

I have never experienced the "warming feeling" so as tonyhibbett says leave it a while and see if it improves.

Hi Chippy,

I have had 1 Sauvignon blanc from Beaverdale and that was fine BUT I decided on that occasion NOT to put in the wood chips, in this winebuddy I did and that could be the difference, Beaverdale was a nice wine.

Bill

I always used the wood chips.
We had a bottle last night from a fresh batch of WB sav blanc and again it was fine, it will be interesting to see if yours improves.

Hi,
Tried a class or 2 of my sauv and yes it has improved, I have 3 bottles in the fridge and 3 x 5 litre plastic bottles that I am bulk aging so happy days.

I made some tea wine last October (2014) and open a bottle last night by mistake (not read the label) and boy is that tasting nice.

Bill

If i remember correctly Tonyhibbert posted in the forum that it doesn't improves much after a few weeks aging.

I unearthed a 4 year old bottle yesterday and found it not only keeps well but also improves!

I thought i was losing the plot when i said i remembered you had said in a post months ago that it didn't age much over time and here it is -

Taken from this thread - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49149&highlight=winebuddy+blanc

a2222222222222.PNG

Good morning all,

In this thread I posted that my sauvignon blanc had a funny (harsh) after taste, having read in another thread about winebuddy chardonnay having a funny (harsh) after taste has left me wandering if by some strange reason I got a chardonnay with a sauvignon blanc label on it, seems odd that so many members say that sauvignon blanc is a nice drink and the chardonnay has this harsh after taste I would say that is how I would say that is what my sauv tastes like even now after a month, it is slightly better but still needs something else to break down the taste.

Bill

I have made both more than once and didn't get the aftertaste you describe, did the kit have two flavour sachets? If it did you had the correct kit.

Hi, The thread I was referring to above was posted by Sportyfish 22/04/2014, and the comments were made by Brianc, Fatcol and Chippy_tea, with regards the after taste, lemonade was the cure for some.

Bill

Bill the thread you refer to is HERE

I have made both more than once and didn't get the after taste you describe.
I said in my quote above i didn't get the after taste but having read the thread (in the link above) again it would appear i did, i also said "looks like i will be buying some lemonade if it does not grow on me in a couple of weeks time" as i have made this kit again since that post i can only assume ageing was the answer.

Back