Golden Rocket Stong Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moving house so back to kits for the next six weeks or so,anyone done this kit?
Its from Lovebrewing and comes with 3kg prehopped IPA and 1.2 kg LME
4.2kg seems a lot to supply with a kit 😀,a bag of hops,priming sugar and a hop sock/filter isnt at all bad.

Not done it myself but looks promising and great price for that strength beer. I've always found Lovebrewing product descriptions really confusing e.g.
2 x 1.5kg IPA Malt
1 x 1.2 LME

What does that mean - what's "IPA Malt", is it AG or a kit? Been tempted to try these for a while but just don't get what I'm buying. Can you do a review once you've done it, perhaps with a pic of what's in the box?

Sorry mate, already brewing it so no pics,but will definitely do a review, i think the 3kg IPA is prehopped but the 1.2kg LME is unhopped.
Yes,ive done a couple of their kits and they are good, being slightly fussy,pellets would be better for me than leaf hops but thats just preference.
Free delivery over £46 isnt bad as well

Sounds good, not seen those Beerworks / Lovebrewing kits before and they look the biz.

Might consider doing the Imperial Stout for Christmas though at that strength a long maturing period would be beneficial so I should probably get it on now!

Moving house so back to kits for the next six weeks or so,anyone done this kit?
Its from Lovebrewing and comes with 3kg prehopped IPA and 1.2 kg LME
4.2kg seems a lot to supply with a kit 😀,a bag of hops,priming sugar and a hop sock/filter isnt at all bad.

After reading this thread, I have just bought one of these, looks great, had to and a cwtch and some spray malt to make the postage numbers up, but fancy the cwtch as well. SWMBO is going to go nuts as there there is a whole shelf of kits to be done this coming number of months!!

Sounds good, not seen those Beerworks / Lovebrewing kits before and they look the biz.

Might consider doing the Imperial Stout for Christmas though at that strength a long maturing period would be beneficial so I should probably get it on now!
I've just started doing a beer works one Uncle Teddy's Yorkshire Bitter my first ever brew, I'll let u know how it goes.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

I've just started doing a beer works one Uncle Teddy's Yorkshire Bitter my first ever brew, I'll let u know how it goes.

After reading this thread, I have just bought one of these, looks great, had to and a cwtch and some spray malt to make the postage numbers up, but fancy the cwtch as well. SWMBO is going to go nuts as there there is a whole shelf of kits to be done this coming number of months!!

Lol
I bought the Cwtch as well and 100 caps

I know there is a reason that the forum is on the wife hit list,...I keep spending money...lol

What is the abv supposed to be? I never check anymore, anything between 4-6 is dandy.
Two weeks conditioning and i will be cracking one open

Supposed to come out at 6% ish. just wondering as my last 6% brew took a few months to come good. I am sure you will let us all know at the two week mark :drink::cheers:

Ok,look away brewing purists

6, or is it 7 days in the bottle, in my brewfridge at 21 degrees, last night,well.................
Needs must, chilled two bottles down (freezer for 5 mins) opened,poured and wow, a cracking pint already!
Nice malty flavour, no twang and a lovely hoppy finish, carbonation spot on and held a head all the way down the glass (probably post a picture tonight 😉)
I've never used Chinook before but i guess this is what is giving it a kind of pine/caramel (i know that doesn't make sense but its what it tastes like) type of finish?
Overall a very good beer for a kit and will only get better although hops may fade, also, you wouldn't know it was 6 % abv, dangerous 👍

Chippy_Tea
Not sure if this is posted in the wrong place mate, apologies if it is.
Ive only done three Biab brews but this is a good stop gap whilst moving house, ive got a Cwtch waiting then a new shed ordered 16 x 10 (swmbo thinks it for storage 😉)

And here it is, 7 days old i think, hope it makes it to a fortnight 😨

DSC_1332.jpg

Latest posts

Back