Low ABV & High FG

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godsdog

Landlord.
Reaction score
Had a few beer kits lately that haven't got anywhere near to the finished FG that the instructions state,one is a brewmaker yorky bitter finished at 1024 and today a brewmaker IPA finished at 1023 both been in the FV for 14 days starting to clear no activity,kegged both but the ABVs are gonna be around 5% & 3.8% respectively, haven't done brewmaker kits for a long time and don't think I will again,thoughts?

Brewmaker Yorkshire Bitter was, without doubt, the worst beer kit I've ever made. Mine finished very high too.

On further investigation, these kits are made by Muntons so probably come with the miserly 6/7g packet of yeast, which isn't enough to ferment out a 23L brew and causes a lot of stuck brews, especially if the fermenting temperature is a bit on the low side.
http://www.muntonshomebrew.com/category/brewmaker-best-of-british/

If you've got any more of these kits to do, try a full 11g packet of yeast.

There's just something about these Muntons kits. I've just bottled Old Conkerwood today - knowing the yeast issue (it came with a single small packet), I just used 1 of the cans to make an 11L brew with the packet of yeast that came with it, and even that struggled to get down to 1014 after 17 days.

Ok... gods I do love ya. But more info. You've given us, "I want my flat to have white walls, I got the brushes but now my walls are blue."
Adjacent note, I have this tingling feeling that I'm going to be banned from this site for being an odatious prick.... hmmm, most be the tighties I'm wearing !?

Ok... gods I do love ya. But more info. You've given us, "I want my flat to have white walls, I got the brushes but now my walls are blue."
Adjacent note, I have this tingling feeling that I'm going to be banned from this site for being an odatious prick.... hmmm, most be the tighties I'm wearing !?
Strangest answer to a post I've ever had,are you a bit ****** lol

Back