First AG - DIPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mcphail

Hi everyone. I'm only just recovering from my first AG batch. Had a lot of fun and got finished just before midnight last night. I have half a dozen kits under my belt, but this was a bit more work :) .

I went for a half-sized batch to test my equipment. Glad I did: I was using a bag in a 30 litre Burco boiler and made a bit of a mess with suspending the bag. Didn't lose too much wort though!

I scaled down the recipe from the James Morton book. I appear to have more or less hit my targets in Beersmith with an OG of 1.081 for my 10 litres. I had a bit of a nightmare with the oxygenation (I didn't realise I had to boil the airstone with the air flowing to stop it getting blocked) so I had to resort to shaking the fermenter. Nevertheless, the yeasties (using the Crossmyloof american ale yeast) seem happy enough this afternoon.

Hope the fermentation keeps going like this. Cheers!

10l_dipa_15h.jpg

welcome and congrats on getting your #1 brew in the FV and looking so healthy..

ps give the kitchen a 2nd and 3rd going over checking for the odd sticky residue of splashes on the floor and over counter tops.. i missed a few and perhaps they were the last straws that led to brewing getting banned from the house and banished to the patio initially and now to a dedicated brewshed where i get PnQ ;) then again if you fancy a brewshed......

Thanks guys. You're right: I'm a hair's breadth from being banished from the kitchen. I only survived due to my talent with a mop and bucket.

Back